• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Great Memories: USF vs. L'ville '05

E.T.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

I don't recall that game even being on tv. I watched the yahoo updates on my computer... I had decided to stay home and study for a test for that game.

2nd year out of school, starting to lose touch with people. I had just bought a house, moved in about 2 months before that game. Didn't have much going on that day, I think I played golf, and looked at the clock on my way home and thought...hmm, I could take a shower and hit the road and make it there before kickoff.

Like a retard, I decided to sit that one out and just listen on the radio (sorry to admit, but thinking that it wouldn't be worth going). Started the game on the chair, then moved to the ottoman, I ended up listening to every second on the floor about a foot from the radio. So proud and so annoyed with myself for not going.

Interestingly enough, I also listened to our first win over UL on the radio (was out of town for that one though).

Anyway, great find on the highlights, definately brings back memories.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  2,495
  • Days Won:  1

I don't recall that game even being on tv. I watched the yahoo updates on my computer... I had decided to stay home and study for a test for that game.

Actually it was on ESPNU, but back in 2005 only about 3 people in the US could get that channel. 

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,019
  • Days Won:  469

That looks like the video I made with all the extra ESPN graphics...I have it on the PC, have posted it here and also have the clip on my cell phone and archos.  It's just fun to look at Petrino's face...and watch the blazing speed of Simpson.

• Content Count:  3,103
  • Days Won:  0

the game was on t.v. and was moved to ESPN during the game, i remember calling my parents during the game to turn on ESPN to watch it.  also Orlandobull, do not go to this game, you being away from the others has brought a win.  also, in the video, after the Amarri Jackson second reverse, you can see me, i believe i'm the guy banging on the side of the stadium.

• Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

the game was on t.v. and was moved to ESPN during the game, i remember calling my parents during the game to turn on ESPN to watch it.  also Orlandobull, do not go to this game, you being away from the others has brought a win.

Good point, I was thinking it may be a radio thing (listened to cuse this weekend), but then I thought about how painful it was to listen to the South Carolina game a few years ago, so I am not confined to just radio.

I'll comprimise on this one since I now know that the game is on my shoulders. I will turn on the radio at home so that the game is on here while I am at Ray Jay.  ;)

• Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

I remember telling people all week that we would beat them and everybody telling me I was nuts

• Content Count:  330

Actually it was on ESPNU, but back in 2005 only about 3 people in the US could get that channel.

Yep..!!  BiggTipp and me were 2 of 'em..  ;D

yelled so much couldn't talk the next day... :D

• Content Count:  2,307

I still wish we could find someone with a copy of the UL game.

Archived