• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

For all you Ben Williams lovers out there...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,113
  • Days Won:  1

Hey both of those guys are great and I agree with the fact that certain backs are better in certain situations.  So they both get used where they can showcase their talents and get the job done.

Look @ the old Steeler Offense during the 70's era.  Ford & Williams remind me of Franco & Blier.  Franco was highly recruited and here is Blier who they thought wouldn't amount to much.  Both contributed in their own way.  One blocked for the other and vice versa so hey I am glad we have more than one and the future is looking brighter.  GO BULLS!

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,587
  • Days Won:  423

B Williams wouldn't have done that today. 

I've been saying it all freaking year and FINALLY:

Give the ball to Mike Ford!!!

Why did it take until week freaking week 10 to realize this?????

Per CJL's post game radio interview, Ford hasn't been 100% the last few weeks ....

• Content Count:  873
  • Days Won:  0

They haven't used him much this year, forget the last few weeks.

And yeah it was against syracuse but look how he got the yards.  He plows through people.  If he gets hit after 2 yards, he'll end up with a 4-5 yard gain.  If he gets hit in the backfield, he gets back to the line of scrimmage or a 1 yard gain.  With b williams, he gets hit and falls so whatever the o-line gives him, that's the max he gets.  With ford, he works for extra yards.  Think of how goo this offense can be using Ford up the middle, Aston on sweeps and mixing in grothe draws.  It's balance and they can be very successful that way - NOT BEN WILLIAMS!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,587
  • Days Won:  423

With b williams, he gets hit and falls so whatever the o-line gives him, that's the max he gets.

Ford may be the better runner when completely healthy but THAT statement is totally clueless and shows you haven't really watched Williams run this year.

• Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

They haven't used him much this year, forget the last few weeks.

And yeah it was against syracuse but look how he got the yards.  He plows through people.  If he gets hit after 2 yards, he'll end up with a 4-5 yard gain.  If he gets hit in the backfield, he gets back to the line of scrimmage or a 1 yard gain.  With b williams, he gets hit and falls so whatever the o-line gives him, that's the max he gets.  With ford, he works for extra yards.  Think of how goo this offense can be using Ford up the middle, Aston on sweeps and mixing in grothe draws.  It's balance and they can be very successful that way - NOT BEN WILLIAMS!

You're a joke.  Do you watch the games?

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

The games we allow the running back to get lathered up we do well (AU, FAU, SU).  Grothe as our main runnign threat does not work.  It actually makes me want to puke now.  I want a running back with the majority of the carries, and I don't care who it is.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,595
  • Days Won:  29

gotdamn...  why does it always have to be a either/or with u guys every time one or the other has a big game?

Sad about some fans ...

To all the Ben Williams haters out there:

:moon2

• Content Count:  642

This is all specualtion on my part but I believe Ford must have been a huge problem for the coaches. I can't think of any other reason why he would not have been getting the rock sooner. You piss off the coaches you don't touch the ball. Just specualtion.

• Content Count:  4,738

hold on...he did that vs syracuse, so din t be all that happy

yes, because 74 yards and a TD against Auburn is nothing.

some of u people are dense.

I like Ford, but 74 yards on 24 carries isn't super impressive.

If you couldn't see Ford wasn't in football shape for the Auburn game ... ???..He started strong but didn't have it towards the end.  That game showed the promise that was delivered against the Orange, regardless of their defense.

• Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

I would hope Mike Ford would run well against the Orange.........they're terrible.  Ben Williams, Aston Samuels, Plancher, you name it would have run for over a 100 yards in that game.

Archived