• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Big East Officials Suck / TV Viewers ?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  187
  • Days Won:  0

1.  The punt before the half clearly on the back replay showed the ball deflect in the opposite direction before being knocked backwards by a USF player.  Unless there were 50 MPH winds on the field the ONLY thing that could send the ball moving in the opposite direction was the Cincy receivers helmet.  We get conclusive evidence of a forward pass on our blocked FG for a TD and yet the ball moving in the opposite direction is not conclusive enough to overturn the touched punt before the half.  USF would have had the ball on about the 15 yard line and instead Cincy gets a TD before the half.

2.  Last play of the game.  DB blantanly pushes Hester before the ball arrives with his back to the ball and no pass inteference is called.  ABSOLUTE JOKE.  Hire athletes to ref these games, not midlle age business men that can't keep up with the players.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

we get one these every game. I'm in the parking lot. There is no reason to blame this on the officials. come on.

Those 2 calls don't necessarily mean the Bulls win but do the job you are paid to do so that the players can decide who wins and who loses.  LOL at your stupid ass reply.

• Content Count:  635

the ball wasn't "clearly" deflected by anything except the USF player. the evidence was inconclusive at best. if the call was made at first that the player touched and USF recovered, it'd be the same thing: inconclusive. two players within inches of each other, the ball is bouncing in weird ways on both replays.

• Content Count:  11

I agree that the officiating this season sucks, but come on...  8 turnovers can't be blamed on the refs.  A good team doesn't get in the position to where a few calls make the difference in the game.  And by the way, I was at the game...and I would have SWORN that the punt was muffed by the Cincy player.  But after getting home and watching it 10 times on replay - the call was legitimate.  The Cincy player did not touch the ball.  However, there were multiple times that interference was not called when it should have been.  Bad officiating.  But it swings both ways.  Some bad calls went our way, too.  If we had've played worth a crap, then we would have won this one easily...just like the last two games.

Watch again the 2nd replay they showed which was the shot from staright behind the punt returner.  You don't need to be a physics major to see the ball move from right to left and then left to right while in the air before the USF player knocks it backwards.  I understand when the ball hits the ground that it can go in any direction but in the air it was the wind, the Cincy helmet of the invisible man that caused the change in direction.  I'll go with the Cincy helmet even though I don't have HDTV.

I have not posted that the Bulls lost because of the officials.  I am stating that the Big East FB officials suck.

• Content Count:  1,370

The first call on the punt return is pretty questionable...and really could've gone either way. The second non-call, however, was pretty bad. The defender was already tackling Hester to the ground before the ball even got there. But, of course, Amarri's feather-weight shove-off is offensive pass interference, right? Nonetheless, this game was not lost by the refs. Our eight turnovers, horrible offense and inconsistent special teams are to blame.

• Content Count:  1,386

I agree that the officiating this season sucks, but come on...  8 turnovers can't be blamed on the refs.  A good team doesn't get in the position to where a few calls make the difference in the game.  And by the way, I was at the game...and I would have SWORN that the punt was muffed by the Cincy player.  But after getting home and watching it 10 times on replay - the call was legitimate.  The Cincy player did not touch the ball.  However, there were multiple times that interference was not called when it should have been.  Bad officiating.  But it swings both ways.  Some bad calls went our way, too.  If we had've played worth a crap, then we would have won this one easily...just like the last two games.

Exactly. Calling out the refs is a sorry excuse. The Bulls lost the game with EIGHT (8!!!) turnovers. The Bulls blew it. Face facts. USF is 6-3 because of the other teams forcing USF mistakes. No one's fault but USF's.

Kizarvexis

• Content Count:  253

Did the Bearcat player touch the ball that we all thought was muffed?  From where we were, it looked like the ball changed direction as it passed by his hands.  Second question, on the final play, it looked on the replay that the Cincinnati player had his hands on the receiver before the ball got there.  Was it an interference call that should have been made?  I know, blah blah blah, 8 turnovers, we almost played to lose.  It sucks when the game is decided on a call that wasn't made.  Thanks.

I forgort that the rule book says that if the offensive team turns the ball over 8 times in a game it is legal for the defense to blatantly push the receiver before the ball gets to him when beaten for the game winning touchdown.

All was not lost today as Navy beat Notre Dame.

Archived