• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Big East Officials Suck / TV Viewers ?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  187
  • Days Won:  0

See my post called Big East FB refs suck for answers to both questions.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  253

I agree that the officiating this season sucks, but come on...  8 turnovers can't be blamed on the refs.  A good team doesn't get in the position to where a few calls make the difference in the game.  And by the way, I was at the game...and I would have SWORN that the punt was muffed by the Cincy player.  But after getting home and watching it 10 times on replay - the call was legitimate.  The Cincy player did not touch the ball.  However, there were multiple times that interference was not called when it should have been.  Bad officiating.  But it swings both ways.  Some bad calls went our way, too.  If we had've played worth a crap, then we would have won this one easily...just like the last two games.

Exactly. Calling out the refs is a sorry excuse. The Bulls lost the game with EIGHT (8!!!) turnovers. The Bulls blew it. Face facts. USF is 6-3 because of the other teams forcing USF mistakes. No one's fault but USF's.

Kizarvexis

I don't see anything wrong with calling out the referee's incompetence.  It's not a problem when they call a game the same for both teams, but to have two different definitions of pass intereference is ridiculous.  In spite of 8 turnovers, the ball was in our hands with time to win the game. 

• Content Count:  253

See my post called Big East FB refs suck for answers to both questions.

I just found it, thanks.  I knew what it looked like to me and what seemed like the entire stadium, but I wanted to get the television viewer's opinion. 

The players never gave up and played all 60 minutes.  They deserved the refs to stick around for all 60 minutes of the game as well. 

Making the call does not mean that USF wins but it should not have ended with not calling the obvious, flagarant push on the player trying to make the catch.  This was not a push or irrelevant illegal contact no call on a player 30 yards away from the play.  It was made against the player going after the football so multiple eyes should have seen it and they all chose to run into the locker room instead.

Guess you are missing the third angle that was shown.  2 of 3 were inconclusive.  1 of 3 showed ball changing direction before getting hit backwards.

• Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

I agree that the officiating this season sucks, but come on...  8 turnovers can't be blamed on the refs.  A good team doesn't get in the position to where a few calls make the difference in the game.  And by the way, I was at the game...and I would have SWORN that the punt was muffed by the Cincy player.  But after getting home and watching it 10 times on replay - the call was legitimate.  The Cincy player did not touch the ball.  However, there were multiple times that interference was not called when it should have been.  Bad officiating.  But it swings both ways.  Some bad calls went our way, too.  If we had've played worth a crap, then we would have won this one easily...just like the last two games.

Exactly. Calling out the refs is a sorry excuse. The Bulls lost the game with EIGHT (8!!!) turnovers. The Bulls blew it. Face facts. USF is 6-3 because of the other teams forcing USF mistakes. No one's fault but USF's.

Kizarvexis

I don't see anything wrong with calling out the referee's incompetence.  It's not a problem when they call a game the same for both teams, but to have two different definitions of pass intereference is ridiculous.  In spite of 8 turnovers, the ball was in our hands with time to win the game. 

Agreed.

• Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

Did you all see Wally Burnham running after the officials as the exited the field.  Lots of law enforcement officers followed them as well.

• Content Count:  1,532

Did the Bearcat player touch the ball that we all thought was muffed?  From where we were, it looked like the ball changed direction as it passed by his hands.  Second question, on the final play, it looked on the replay that the Cincinnati player had his hands on the receiver before the ball got there.  Was it an interference call that should have been made?  I know, blah blah blah, 8 turnovers, we almost played to lose.  It sucks when the game is decided on a call that wasn't made.  Thanks.

I was on the sideline and we all saw it hit the guys helmet.

• Content Count:  1,532

2.  Last play of the game.  DB blantanly pushes Hester before the ball arrives with his back to the ball and no pass inteference is called.  ABSOLUTE JOKE.  Hire athletes to ref these games, not midlle age business men that can't keep up with the players.

It was pass interference.  trust me, it was.

Archived