• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

So.... Leavitt didn't even know Mo was out there!!!!!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,594
  • Days Won:  3

He said it in his post-game interview......

When asked why Mo Plancher was out there, he said he didn't even know he was out there.

WTF is going on?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,304
  • Days Won:  2

i think he woulda two-handed strangled Gregory's neck right there on the sidelines if he knew Mo was there for that play.

• Content Count:  8,174
  • Days Won:  6

it seems like the coaching staff is lost and def. NOT on the same page. CJL needs to take some control.

• Content Count:  21,080
  • Days Won:  39

This is interesting to me.  I know when Plancher got stuffed I was pretty confused as to why he would be the go to guy when Taylor and Williams had all those touches going up to that point.  I guess fresh legs?  I don't get it.

Oh obviously in game time I was screaming for Ford but once I heard he was hurt I was over that.  Clearly Ford would have been able to punch that in with 3 plays to do so.

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

This is interesting to me.  I know when Plancher got stuffed I was pretty confused as to why he would be the go to guy when Taylor and Williams had all those touches going up to that point.  I guess fresh legs?  I don't get it.

Oh obviously in game time I was screaming for Ford but once I heard he was hurt I was over that.  Clearly Ford would have been able to punch that in with 3 plays to do so.

Yeah i was pretty puzzled, plus Mo isn't exactly a powerful runner either.  I would say BBQ and Taylor both run harder than Mo. 

i think he woulda two-handed strangled Gregory's neck right there on the sidelines if he knew Mo was there for that play.

It wasn't Gregory's call... per se...

1. Gregory calls for the "mini-wishbone" formation... (or whatever the staff actually calls it)...

2. The Running Backs coach (Carl Franks) gets his top 3 RBs out there: Williams, Taylor, Ford, Plancher.

It's possible Gregory didn't know Ford was hurt and out when he called for the formation... or that Franks sent Plancher out there because Mo is #4 on the depth chart.

• Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Yeah, I'd guess that Gregory didn't know Plancher was in there.  Franks should have let Gregory know what was going on so Gregory would have had the right info to decide what play to call.  While I'm guessing, I'd guess that Gregory wasn't too happy about that and may have been a large part of the reason the coaching staff was unavailable after the game.  There may be some finger pointing going on right now.

• Content Count:  21,080
  • Days Won:  39

pretty much any back would've been stopped on that play.

Well if I recall there were two more chances to make that play.  That seemed like a gut check scenario right there.  We seem to get in really good scoring position and not be able to just punch the thing in.  2 yards, 3 plays.

• Content Count:  1,260
  • Days Won:  0

Yeah, I'd guess that Gregory didn't know Plancher was in there.  Franks should have let Gregory know what was going on so Gregory would have had the right info to decide what play to call.  While I'm guessing, I'd guess that Gregory wasn't too happy about that and may have been a large part of the reason the coaching staff was unavailable after the game.  There may be some finger pointing going on right now.

Data,

think you nailed it there. On a play SO critical...the OC needs to know if there is a loss of personnel. If Gregory called that play thinking it would be Ford on the carry...but got Plancher, I can only imagine there would be some behind the scenes anger. Does anyone know what the process is of getting injuries reported up to the booth...and does our school do this any different than others? If that was the case...it was an almost inexcusable mistake. You just don't line up with the game on the line and call a play for a guy who is out.

Archived