• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,451
  • Days Won:  0

I gotta take issue with the no heart comment.  I gotta wonder about your football knowledge when you say that.  Our team plays hard in big games.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

Our Mistakes:

1. 2 missed FG's / 1 Blocked

2. Unable to stop a fake FG and PUNT (1 Returned for TD)

3. Shot ourselves in the foot with penalties...

4. I'll say it again, "GROTHE, THROW THE FRI*$*N' BALL AWAY!!!"

5. Punt turnover on 25yd and could not convert into points?

6. Fumble recovery on 40yd and coule not turn into points?

7. No pressure on Teel via Selvie and crew

Rutgers Gems:

1. Ray Rice sliced and diced through our defense

2. Had nothing to lose, so why not run a fake punt...Everyone in the stadium knew a fake FG was coming, where was our coaching staff on this one?

3. Sosa did a great job in containing Selvie

4. Defense put constant pressure on Grothe preventing him from seeing wide-open WR as well as containing the scramble

5. Ito!  Jesus Christ!  This kid is killing me!

pretty accurate

• Content Count:  1,480

Lack of heart and desire?

Yeah, I don't get the lack of heart comment, given the environment and the refs I felt they battled all night and kept themselves in the game till the end.

Now the playcalling on the otherhand.... do we just not have anything in the playbook at all that can pass quickly within 5-6 yards? They were blitzing like crazy all night long and yet every play we call seemed to be a 15+ yard pass that needed more time than available to develop. I just couldn't understand why we didn't have anything to exploit this.

• Content Count:  206

I hope someone on the coaching staff reads this.......Sit Amari down he's dropping too many clutch passes/ commiting too many errors.  also,  use the play-action MORE even if we aren't running the ball well it makes the defense freeze long enough to get someone open short.

Our secondary played pretty well except for one missed tackle that went for the score.  Other than that score Teel threw for 112 yds.  Rice was there offense. We should have played more single man coverage and blitzed him the way they blitzed us, we should have MADE Teel beat our secondary.

All of that is really irrelevant we lost for the below reasons:

The reality of it is we lost because of 2 reasons undisciplined players (unecessary penalties) and poor specialt team play. Period.  10 points given up on our spec teams defensively and 6 points lost on our special teams offensively

• Content Count:  21,080
  • Days Won:  39

Grothe played with a lot of heart, I don't think he can do everything in every game all of the time.

• Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

Heard Alvarado came off the bus wearing a Yankees hat. 

bansmilieml.gif

• Content Count:  132

Add another person who doesn't like the "lack of heart" comment. Our team showed plenty of heart and we well in the game. When they were down at the half by 10 they could have packed it up. Instead we drove down and scored again and our defense kept playing hard! Yes we lost but i'm **** proud of this team and we have a whole season left ahead of us to play so we need to recoup and "Finish Strong" the rest of the year!

• Content Count:  206

I don' like lack of heart comment either........ but I will say this  if we go into another game that undisciplined and under prepared, we won't be done losing.

But I want to say I'm stil, VERY proud of this team and they/ we still have a lot to play for.

Archived