• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

Lack of heart and desire?

Yeah, I don't get the lack of heart comment, given the environment and the refs I felt they battled all night and kept themselves in the game till the end.

Now the playcalling on the otherhand.... do we just not have anything in the playbook at all that can pass quickly within 5-6 yards? They were blitzing like crazy all night long and yet every play we call seemed to be a 15+ yard pass that needed more time than available to develop. I just couldn't understand why we didn't have anything to exploit this.

I'm not sure lack of heart is the right term... but it was obvious from the outset of the game that our boys bought into the #2 ranking.  From Taurus "conducting" the fan chants to our constant "train whistle/i got that juice" arm pump, there are players on our team that seem to think they are above it all.  Hopefully last night was a wake up call and we will get back to basics, and hard work, because that is the only way to get back on track for a Big East championship.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  958
  • Days Won:  0

- lack of heart/desire

I'm sorry, this is ********.

I saw anything but a lack of heart and desire by our team.

• Content Count:  1,480

Lack of heart and desire?

Yeah, I don't get the lack of heart comment, given the environment and the refs I felt they battled all night and kept themselves in the game till the end.

Now the playcalling on the otherhand.... do we just not have anything in the playbook at all that can pass quickly within 5-6 yards? They were blitzing like crazy all night long and yet every play we call seemed to be a 15+ yard pass that needed more time than available to develop. I just couldn't understand why we didn't have anything to exploit this.

I'm not sure lack of heart is the right term... but it was obvious from the outset of the game that our boys bought into the #2 ranking.  From Taurus "conducting" the fan chants to our constant "train whistle/i got that juice" arm pump, there are players on our team that seem to think they are above it all.  Hopefully last night was a wake up call and we will get back to basics, and hard work, because that is the only way to get back on track for a Big East championship.

Actually I liked the conducting of Rutgers "overated" chants. I thought it was a great way for them to take that hostile crowd lightly instead of letting it agrivate them and get into their heads.

• Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

Actually I liked the conducting of Rutgers "overated" chants. I thought it was a great way for them to take that hostile crowd lightly instead of letting it agrivate them and get into their heads.

I can understand that interpretation.  When I saw that, though, I immediately thought "uh-oh".

• Content Count:  1,066

Our Mistakes:

1. 2 missed FG's / 1 Blocked

2. Unable to stop a fake FG and PUNT (1 Returned for TD)

3. Shot ourselves in the foot with penalties...

4. I'll say it again, "GROTHE, THROW THE FRI*$*N' BALL AWAY!!!"

5. Punt turnover on 25yd and could not convert into points?

6. Fumble recovery on 40yd and coule not turn into points?

7. No pressure on Teel via Selvie and crew

Rutgers Gems:

1. Ray Rice sliced and diced through our defense

2. Had nothing to lose, so why not run a fake punt...Everyone in the stadium knew a fake FG was coming, where was our coaching staff on this one?

3. Sosa did a great job in containing Selvie

4. Defense put constant pressure on Grothe preventing him from seeing wide-open WR as well as containing the scramble

5. Ito!  Jesus Christ!  This kid is killing me!

pretty accurate

I'm honored, Smazza.

I firmly believe in looking at within for why we won or lost and giving credit tot he other team regardless of their win or loss too.

• Content Count:  10,219

lack of heart...wrong planet!

proud of my bulls effort.

we did play very unfocused both players AND coaches.

• Content Count:  2,511

That was the best summary of tonight. I completely agree. Something was lacking and you could just see it on their faces on the bench.

yep. you and Johnny Carson's Carnac from the grave can read minds.

carnac.jpg

Archived