• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

The Good

- Alvarado punting

- Grothe playmaking

- secondary

The Bad

- offensive playcalling

- injuries

- lack of heart/desire

- dropped key passes

- stupidity/loss of focus

The Ugly

- refs

- special teams preparations

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

Lack of heart and desire?

yeah, there was no emotion, like they didn't want it. The only emotion I ever saw was from Leavitt.

• Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Run game from the RBs is a bad right now.  Even when he was bottled up Rice found a way to move forward 3 and 4 yards minimum.  They had a lot of 3rd and 3s and less.  Our first down runs were always at or behind the line and we had 3rd and long all night.  Not a good recipe for ball control.  Our offensive line outweighed their Dline by almost 60 pounds on average.  I'm clueless why we couldn't play smash mouth power football instead of going off tackle all night.  Let them bring the LBs and safeties up.  A play action pass once in a while opens that up.

• Content Count:  5,249
  • Days Won:  2

Lack of heart and desire?

yeah WTF is that?

our players had PLENTY of heart.

Stone Hands Ced even made a HUGE play. Amarri made a huge play, then drew about 75 flags.

we were catching passes down the stretch.  we drove up the field and brought it within 3, got a three and out and drove it AGAIN only to get petty flags.

u can have all the heart in the world, but heart doesnt overcome called back TD's and flags on clutch plays.

• Content Count:  2,478
  • Days Won:  0

That was the best summary of tonight. I completely agree. Something was lacking and you could just see it on their faces on the bench.

• Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

I don't understand how play calling is a problem when you score 27 points and roll up 400 yards of offense. The only real problem is that when Walker went down, Rutgers immediately started blitzing a lot more and the line wasn't quite sure what to do.

• Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

stupid mistakes yes... lack of heart and desire? I think you should check that. I think every time they step out on the field they want it.

• Content Count:  594
  • Days Won:  0

I don't understand how play calling is a problem when you score 27 points and roll up 400 yards of offense. The only real problem is that when Walker went down, Rutgers immediately started blitzing a lot more and the line wasn't quite sure what to do.

Entire 2nd half our offensive line, which massively outweighs Rutgers' defensive line, was getting pushed around.

• Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

That's where an OC must adjust to what is being thrown at him.  The OC must recognize what adjustments have been made and readjust to that.  Schiano adjusted to Matt's running.  When they blitz, someone has to be open or an area of the field vacated.

Archived