• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Okay BCS where will we land on Sunday?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  21,080
  • Days Won:  39

Honestly I don't care.  We got ranked for the first time in history.  We won big games, we climbed all the way to #2 which is pretty cool.  Now if we win the Big East it doesn't matter.  If don't win the Big East then it's another steamer bowl for us.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

Don't forget Rutgars may actually jump to the top 25 - anything is possible this year in the polls.

• Content Count:  64

That's a bunch of crap if USF falls to #15 or something. Again, if USC lost a game like this, a close game against a good team on the road, would they plummet in the polls? Oh wait, they DID lose a game like this last year, against Oregon State, and they fell from #3 to #9..

Remember we don't have the reputation that USC has, and everyone was already thinking we didn't deserve to be up there.  They are going to drop us at least 13 spots I think.  Rutgers was unranked, all this stuff about it being a good loss isn't going to fly.  #2 vs unranked shouldn't even be close.

• Content Count:  695

Whatever happens will happen, if we win out we will be in a BCS game. That is all we can control at this point, he we somehow still make the national title game as an 11-1 team that is all fine and good but remember the College Football News scenario? If both us and West Virginia won out i'm pretty sure they would be ranked ahead of us, sad but true.

• Content Count:  133

Before I opened this thread my brain told me #12. Looks like a lot of you agree. Problem is some of these voters don't like us much. Thank god some of these retarded reporters don't vote. They would have us out of the top 25.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,638
  • Days Won:  424

Whatever happens will happen, if we win out we will be in a BCS game. 

Not true. Our fate is no longer entirely in our hands. If we win out AND Rutgers wins out, they go to a BCS bowl...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  7,648
  • Days Won:  6

Not true. Our fate is no longer entirely in our hands. If we win out AND Rutgers wins out, they go to a BCS bowl...

Why?  The BE has no tiebreaker.  They declare co-champions and the bowls invite whoever they want under BCS rankings rules.

• Content Count:  382

We need to win out and WV to lose another game.  I believe if teams are tied, the team with the highest BCS ranking wins the conference.  I say we fall to #17. We will get screwed.  :(

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,638
  • Days Won:  424

Why?  The BE has no tiebreaker.  They declare co-champions and the bowls invite whoever they want under BCS rankings rules.

BOWL  CHAMPIONSHIP  SERIES  REPRESENTATIVE TIEBREAKER

PROCEDURE 

In order to determine the Conference’s  representative to the Bowl Championship

Series, the procedures listed below will be followed.   

All references to “rankings†refer to the BCS Poll released after the regular season is

completed for all BIG EAST members.   

TWO-WAY  TIE

The winner of the head to head match-up will represent the BIG EAST in the Bowl Championship Series

http://www.bigeast.org/fls/19400/pdfs/football/tiebreak.pdf?DB_OEM_ID=19400&KEY=&SPID=11215&SPSID=94741

Archived