• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Okay BCS where will we land on Sunday?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  131
  • Days Won:  0

i just wish the voters would rank teams based on how they play. the recruiting rankings have proven to be flawed. the preseason rankings are usually pretty far off. just look at the wins, and our one close loss on the road to a quality team and then rank us. we should still be in the top team, but prob won't be. then again as other teams lose we will move up (arizona state, kansas, kentucky/florida, bc/vtech, ect.)

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

unless there is some strange fluke and all the top 10 teams lose, our chance for the NC is gone and so the BCS doesn't matter.

• Content Count:  29

unless there is some strange fluke and all the top 10 teams lose, our chance for the NC is gone and so the BCS doesn't matter.

True. But BCS is a respectable poll, and I appreciate the fact computers that don't exhibit bias have a say.

• Content Count:  3,307

I don't buy the theory that USF is going to nosedive in the human polls. If no one thought they were any good, they wouldn't have been ranked #2 to begin with.

• Content Count:  5,903

I don't buy the theory that USF is going to nosedive in the human polls. If no one thought they were any good, they wouldn't have been ranked #2 to begin with.

This is true. But I think a lot of pollsters are of the belief that they had to put USF there due to the fact that schools above us lost.

• Content Count:  164

I agree completely. Unfortunately, with the perception of non-elite teams, even if we win out, I doubt we have a chance in the BCS so I could care less about that ranking from here on out. All I care about now is the BE championship. If the world turns upside down in the next few weeks and we end up back in the hunt, I'll worry about the NCG then.

• Content Count:  155

we will be extra penalized in the polls... you can bet on it

we will be lucky to stay ranked. the world was watching and half were hoping we would fail. we will be blowtorched by spitefull sportswriters and "experts" tomorrow

• Content Count:  936

I'm extremely nervous. I say #15 at best.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  7,649
  • Days Won:  6

Depends what happens to about 10 other teams on Saturday.  If they all lose we're around #6-7, if they all win we're #16-22.

• Content Count:  1,013

At this point USF's biggest goal is to win the BE.  Getting into the BCS championship is a long shot to say the least.  We need to continue winning out and hope that Rutgers loses at least one more game.  RU plays WV next week at home. 

Archived