• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Running up the score?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

This is a side of USF we've never seen. That might bite them in the long run, but I enjoyed it a lot while it was happening.

We did see it against Louisville in 2005. Denson ran the ball down to the 1 late and in the game and we couldn't punch it in from there.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

That might have been different because USF was running it on all those plays at the goal line.

But again, considering it was UCF, I don't really have a problem with piling on the points. Actually they couldn't have scored enough points to satisfy me. If the Bulls had scored 90, I would have been upset they didn't get 100.

• Content Count:  10,219
  • Days Won:  0

this was just a staement by your bulls...let all put there own spin to it.

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

This is a side of USF we've never seen. That might bite them in the long run, but I enjoyed it a lot while it was happening.

It is not running up the score when your second string is in during the 3rd quarter and Severino and Co (aka third string) in the fourth quarter.  It is called UCiF sucks!

• Content Count:  1,260

Don't look now but I think USF just scored again...Chad Barhardt discovered he had one play of eligibility left and decided to audible into a pass....  ;D

• Content Count:  5,241

If you dont want teams to run up the score, get a playoff system.

Otherwise, Score at will.

• Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

ONce again it is not running up the score when your second and third string offense cannot be stopped by the first string defense!!!  That was SEVERINO scoring a TD on UCif 1st string D.  If a D cannot stop the 3rd string O they should NOT be on the field!

• Content Count:  64

This was done to impress the voters, and he did take Groethe out early.  With our crappy showing at FAU we had to "stomp" someone to show we are superior to unranked teams.  Pollsters and analysts like seeing big scores like that when you put up 64 or 70 points on a team it carries a level of respect.  I was listening to Sirius sports shows today, and all I heard was USF put up Half a Hundred on UCF, or USF just dropped UCF in the gulf on that pirate ship in Ray Jay, etc..., all these national sports guys were eating it up.

• Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

it made me laugh, so it was well worth it

Seconded. I left early, and I busted out laughing when I heard that Severino was coming in the game. Then he threw a touchdown pass, and it made it that much more hilarious

why leave early?

This was the only home game my gf could make it to because of work, so I picked her up at 9:30 after a 16 hour shift. She had to go back in at 9 tonight for another 12 hour shift, so she needed to get at least a few hours of sleep.

• Content Count:  16,416
  • Days Won:  43

Evidently, the USF players read these message boards because Grothe mentioned the UCF fans ripping on USF players' family. What that UCF fan did was classless. I am glad that most UCF fans did not like what that person did, but you have to say that it motivated the USF players even more. As if USF does not have a lot of motivation, that UCF fan really added fuel to the fire. So, running up the score was fine by this USF fan.

Archived