• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Running up the score?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

How is it running up the score when 2 TD's came from our second string QB and 1 from the 3rd string QB.  Seems to me that running up the score would be if /grothe was in there til the mid 4th quarter, u know like Brohm when they were pounding the opponent.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  17,492
  • Days Won:  13

it made me laugh, so it was well worth it

Seconded. I left early, and I busted out laughing when I heard that Severino was coming in the game. Then he threw a touchdown pass, and it made it that much more hilarious

why leave early?

• Content Count:  136
  • Days Won:  0

You don't run on 4th and 14 and kicking a FG is worse than just leaving your 3rd strings in and tell them to try to get it... That was the last TD...

The one before that was set up by a long punt return... You don't take a knee or anything, especially since we could use the practice on that facet of the game...

Grothe was out in the late 3rd quarter... So was Ford, Taylor and Williams... No way were we running up the score... We were letting our backups get some play in...

• Content Count:  1,238

Too many people left way too early.

Yeah, like the opposing team  :ROFLMAO It looked like their team just gave up near the end of the 3rd quarter. i think when they saw that all that was left of their fans was their band..."well, why keep trying?"  :loser

• Content Count:  30

I was happy to see Carlton caught a Touchdown pass.  He is from GHS after all.

That was a great game, the UCF fans were talking so much and that 52 point win should shut them up.  It is never running up the score when you are playing against a conference opponent or a rival, and since UCF thinks that they are our "rival" I see no problem with it.  I would of been going for two, and yes I do coach football. ;D

• Content Count:  869

This is a side of USF we've never seen. That might bite them in the long run, but I enjoyed it a lot while it was happening.

You say that,  I say they brought this on themselves.

33140420.jpg

Thank You David Whitley ! ! ! !

• Content Count:  139

Never give your opponent mercy.  KILL! KILL!  >:D

• Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

We definitely ran it up.  I think it was Gregory's second TD that came on a 1st and 10 bomb with about 7 minutes left with the game in hand.  That play alone constituted running it up.  75 yards later, six points.  When Severino tossed his TD it was a totally different story.  It was 4th and 14 or so, and if you can't throw on that down and distance than you never can.

We do that against anybody else around the country and we take a beating in the media for it.  Since it was UCF it won't even be talked about.  They were just so embarassed I don't think they really care.  It might be bulletin board material for next year, but c'mon, its only UCF were talking about here.  After next year, we're done with them and its probably a blessing for them.

You could also argue the fact that USF wasn't simply running the ball -- instead was passing it quite a bit -- could constitute running up the score.

Archived