• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Florida Today: College football History repeats with the rise of USF & UCF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

UCF on the Rise?  Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

Wow, I needed that laugh.  Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah..........hahahahahahahahahahahahahah.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

I definitely agree that UCF is an up-and-coming program with a lot of promise.  That being said, I really get tired of the Orlando media attempting to attach UCF to the coat-tails of USF. 

Very tiring...what have they done outside of building the Frying Pan?  Have they beat anyone of significance?  How has their improvement been measured.  Looking back to the Culpepper days, they still suck.

• Content Count:  849
  • Days Won:  0

I definitely agree that UCF is an up-and-coming program with a lot of promise.  That being said, I really get tired of the Orlando media attempting to attach UCF to the coat-tails of USF.  USF has shown that, at least this season, they belong with the other major football programs in the state.  UCF hasn't done anything.

As an on-related aside, I live in Melbourne and Florida Today is probably the most worthless local paper I have read.

Are you sure UCF is up and coming?  This sounds like 10 years ago. The last UCF Rise(?) was when they had a great QB in Culpepper.  Is it surprising that they have a good runningback and they are now all of a sudden on the rise?  It looks to me they get one good recruit a decade, and wither away once they're gone.

USF on the other hand has built stronger and stronger TEAMS over the past decade.  You can't name one star on this team. Just a good(and possible great) TEAM.

Actually I can name several stars on this team: Mike Jenkins (future NFL 1st rnder), Trae Williams (Future NFL 1st Day pick), Ben Moffit (Future NFL 1st day pick), George Selvie (Nations leading Sacker), Matt Grothe (Big East Freshman OPOY), Tyrone McKenzie(8th in the nation in tackles last year)...there are plenty of others that will be future stars.

Look for Jerome Murphy aka "Murph" to be the next great USF lock down cornerback

• Content Count:  1,911

I guess they are an up and coming team as long as you consider teams that go 4-8...8-5...0-11 over the last three years to be up and coming.  Maybe it is the stellar 3-2 record with wins against two 1-5 teams and a 2-3 team that has the writer so excited.

The same national media has called San Diego St. an up and coming team...it doesnt mean much without results.

• Content Count:  4,642

UCF is dragging us down with these comparisons

• Content Count:  118

Even during Culpepper's senior year, they were "the best 'o and 4' team in college football."

Lat time I checked 'o and 4' is still 'o and 4.'

Remember their rally cry - "We are the Knights who say 'if.'"

• Content Count:  997
  • Days Won:  1

teebow%20cry.gif

OT: I LOVE THIS VIDEO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANKS.

• Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

I definitely agree that UCF is an up-and-coming program with a lot of promise.  That being said, I really get tired of the Orlando media attempting to attach UCF to the coat-tails of USF.  USF has shown that, at least this season, they belong with the other major football programs in the state.  UCF hasn't done anything.

As an on-related aside, I live in Melbourne and Florida Today is probably the most worthless local paper I have read.

Are you sure UCF is up and coming?  This sounds like 10 years ago. The last UCF Rise(?) was when they had a great QB in Culpepper.  Is it surprising that they have a good runningback and they are now all of a sudden on the rise?  It looks to me they get one good recruit a decade, and wither away once they're gone.

USF on the other hand has built stronger and stronger TEAMS over the past decade.  You can't name one star on this team.  Just a good(and possible great) TEAM.

I think they are a program with promise, not so much based on their on field accomplishments but more on the school's commitment to the team.  A lot of teams are "up and coming" but never actually get there.

If you lived out here you would see this kind of crap all the time.  The local media, especially television, talk about UCF and USF as if they are exactly the same school.  When USF is successful it shows how far USF & UCF have come.  I don't see this kind of crap from many national sources.

• Content Count:  339

Similar to the way I feel about FAU and FIU (even though it seems FAU is a much better team/program).  If UCF wants a rivalry so bad then why don't they sign a long-term series with F_U?

They clearly want to attach themselves to OUR university for 1. more publicity (UCF constantly mentioned when USF is making a name for itself) and 2. They want in the BE real bad.  They think if they're a big rival game for us then they may have a better shot at getting in (if the BE expands, which they probably will at some point)

• Content Count:  1,261

my mom lives there. it is indeed garbage..

Archived