• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Florida Today: College football History repeats with the rise of USF & UCF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  635
  • Days Won:  0

i like how every time UCF is mentioned here, every one immediately says slanderous and horrible things without a second thought, but then follows that up with "....but we're not a rivalry." yeah right. you people would LOVE to play UCF every year, but you're in such denial. hysterical.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  10,219

and THIS is why we should not play UCF...let them get their own pub not mooch off USF!

what has UCiF done in the last 5 years?

i hope we beat them this year and next...the meet them in a bowl or something.

no more games not even 2-1's

• Content Count:  2,461

I heard one of the local news anchors call USF and WVU a rivalry...

While I don't agree completely with that just yet - it sounds a heck of a lot better than us and UCiF.

• Content Count:  5,241

I guess if your a D-1A college football team in Florida, You are up and coming

• Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

Why is everybody so high on UCiF? WTF have they done? 

Well, they held the Putrid Purple Pirates under 60 points.

• Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

i like how every time UCF is mentioned here, every one immediately says slanderous and horrible things without a second thought, but then follows that up with "....but we're not a rivalry." yeah right. you people would LOVE to play UCF every year, but you're in such denial. hysterical.

Since you apparantly are a newbie (Reg. Sept 22, 2007) you were not around when the likes of STK and other morons used to post on this board.  Fortunately, most of them were gone by Sept. 16, 2005.

• Content Count:  4,738

I definitely agree that UCF is an up-and-coming program with a lot of promise.  That being said, I really get tired of the Orlando media attempting to attach UCF to the coat-tails of USF.  USF has shown that, at least this season, they belong with the other major football programs in the state.  UCF hasn't done anything.

As an on-related aside, I live in Melbourne and Florida Today is probably the most worthless local paper I have read.

Are you sure UCF is up and coming?  This sounds like 10 years ago. The last UCF Rise(?) was when they had a great QB in Culpepper.  Is it surprising that they have a good runningback and they are now all of a sudden on the rise?  It looks to me they get one good recruit a decade, and wither away once they're gone.

USF on the other hand has built stronger and stronger TEAMS over the past decade.  You can't name one star on this team. Just a good(and possible great) TEAM.

Actually I can name several stars on this team: Mike Jenkins (future NFL 1st rnder), Trae Williams (Future NFL 1st Day pick), Ben Moffit (Future NFL 1st day pick), George Selvie (Nations leading Sacker), Matt Grothe (Big East Freshman OPOY), Tyrone McKenzie(8th in the nation in tackles last year)...there are plenty of others that will be future stars.

Look for Jerome Murphy aka "Murph" to be the next great USF lock down cornerback

When I say star I mean one or two guys that are head and shoulders above their teammates.  We have some awesome players, but they are not all we have.  Our TEAM is playing great as a unit.  Can UCF say that?  Their fate lies in one player, and her gained 55 yards today.

• Content Count:  1,238

Why is it that every time they bring up ucIF's name they have to include USF? Also, if you notice in most articles even the Orlando ones, USF's name is first. Seems like ucIF can't do naything for themselves so they have to try and grab on to our shirt tails. Can't wait till 2009 when their names will never-ever be spoken on this board again.

• Content Count:  416

I don't think you understand. We don't want to beat them, we just want them to shut up and go away. It's like Kent State talking **** to tOSU all year before tOSU finally gets around to destroying them.

Personally? I think it would be great if UCF got ita play up and joined the big boys. It could be a great rivalry but right now it's just an annoyance on the calendar. At least when FSU-UF games were mandated the game actually stated who was the best public university in the state. What would an I-4 rivalry declare? Best team within 100 miles of disney world?

• Content Count:  33

Being that UCF has had a head start on USF, as far as their existence, they've never amounted to anything.

That's the only thing they're GOOD at doing.

While they're dragging their feet and playing in the road-to-nowhere CUSA, USF gone on the fast track and has passed them up.

Now that USF is into big time football, jealous UCF fans talk and whine and can't shut up so instead, they feel sorry for themselves and trash talk the Bulls.

They need to stop worrying about the USF and worry about themselves and do something about it.

JT

Archived