• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The Home Field - how to make it feel like it...

USF03

Guest JulmisteForPrez

21tcpx.jpg

We all want an OCS, MAB..relax a bit, eh?

I suppose I could say the same to you, huh?

Relax a bit and let the other side of the debate pitch in their two cents.

I make a very balanced post saying it's fine if this stuff doesn't matter to some people, but to just understand it does to others.

You're going to ask me to "relax" after a very chilled post like that?

::) ::) ::) ::)

Nice job.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

We have to make do with Raymond James... we don't have any other place. Make it the best we can.

• Content Count:  1,261
  • Days Won:  0

21tcpx.jpg

I make a very balanced post saying it's fine if this stuff doesn't matter to some people, but to just understand it does to others.

Nice job.

MAB, was that you in the chat room the other day?

• Content Count:  131

ray jay is a very nice stadium. leavitt says it is his number one recruiting tool. Hopefully having a stadium FULL of loud green fans will change the atmosphere. We will eventually get an OCS but it is a very difficult thing to do.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

21tcpx.jpg

No, because  while I am an advocate of an OCS, I don't make that a point at every opportunity and non-opportunity.

Part of me say the other side is "you, MAB" and the other part says "accept him, he is a brother."  After all, I'm with you.  It's not your position I disagree with, it's your plan of attack.

And to the spirit of accepting the other side's opinion, they may be tired of it.

Sure, I appreciate your drive, and I just wish it were focused properly.

Nice job.

Indeed.

• Content Count:  35

RJS is our home right now.  That's all I care about.  Our record there should prove that they like playing there!  It may be red and have a lot of Bucs stuff on the field, but that doesn't win games.  Our guys on the field win games and the fans in the stands making lots of noise so the other team can't hear the calls helps to win games.  When the time is right, we will have an OCS.  It seems that it is such a hot topic again b/c UCiF got an on campus stadium.  Who cares!!!  I would much rather beat ranked teams at RayJay than have an OCS!!!  That is all UCiF has and they know it.  That is why they are making such a big deal about an OCS.  It doesn't matter to CJL and it doesn't matter to our players, so why should it matter to us!!!  When we get it, we can talk about it...  for now, lets talk about the Big Game Friday Night at Raymond James Stadium, our home!!!  Where we will have our first sell-out ever!!!

• Content Count:  1,532

I was just telling you all what I have heard.  I know an OCS isn't possible yet, and I know you will never make RJS look totally like our stadium.  It would also be nice if we had a sell out game every game, then who cares what is red... it would all be covered up! 

But... we don't have sell out games... yet.  We will have one this week... and maybe for the rest of the season.  Could start now, but what does it hurt to cover up bucs banners?  I DO care how the rest of the country looks at us... it helps our university and our program.  If you don't care about the bucs logos being covered up... don't post here.

Again, IT'S GREAT TO WIN.  I agree... but doing it with our field paint and logos around would be nice.  If we can do it, why not!  That's all.

No, I agree with you that I would love to see a sea of Green and I love it when they paint the endzones and wish they would paint mid-field with our logo.  I am just sick of hearing about the OCS b/c it is not a reality right now.  I was hoping they would have painted the field for the UNC game (especially since ESPN picked it up), but with the Bucs playing there today I knew there wasn't much chance.  With them on the road next week though, they could really do it up for us Friday night against WVU.  Someone also told me they are trying to allow us to use the cannons for the game.  Has anyone else heard anything about that?

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

I don't care about the cannons...it doesn't matter to me.  No offense intended.

I will say, however, any illusion to create the effect that RJS is actually an OCS is silly.  I went to the game Saturday, and quite frankly, I'd rather see the Bucs logo midfield than our logo in a surrender flag..  As a bright man once said (I know you'll all claim to have said it): "It is what it is". 

Now, I know that USF will be painted midfield Friday, but that is a FIRST.  It is not going to happen from here on out, likely not again this year (I don't know, who has the Bucs' schedule?).

Let's just realize where we are and what it takes to get to where we want to be.

None taken.  I just thought it would be cool if the cannons went off.  Anything to get the stadium rockin'

Archived