• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The Home Field - how to make it feel like it...

USF03

Guest JulmisteForPrez

If you don't care about the bucs logos being covered up... don't post here.

There are several of us who have been trying to appeal to these guys' sense of reason with this exact statement for a long time now.

Doesn't appear to be working.

Doubt it ever will.

You know, that's the great thing about message boards though.  When I see a thread title that I know I won't care about you know what I do??  "Click on it?" you say?  Uh, no.  I ignore it.

So if you guys that care NOTHING about image, uniforms, an OCS, etc. really do care nothing about these things, why are you here?  And why are you reading THIS post??  And why will you lambaste what I've just said?

Because your logic is about as sound as one who flew over the Cuckoo's nest.

If you don't care, don't read.  But you ought to be man enough to let those who do care discuss these matters in peace.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  162

the only other opportunity to paint the field with Bulls will be the UL game.

What I would like to see instead of the white flag--- as a possible compromise-- would be a Green background to the flag or a gold background. Not white. Don't care for the white. White piping around a green/gold main part of the flag would be ok as well.

I think if you have the stadium full of Bulls fans-- you will hardly see the seats anyway. THe other Bucs stuff that is all over the place will be hard to cover up and there is no provision to do so in our current contract anyway.

One other point-- I believe we pay considerably more than 100K to rent the stadium. We pay by the number of sections used -- so this game will be our first full use rental but then again-- we have a full gate to offset that. We will make a killing financially from this game--even before considering the TV money for playing on a Friday night

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  162

If you don't care about the bucs logos being covered up... don't post here.

There are several of us who have been trying to appeal to these guys' sense of reason with this exact statement for a long time now.

Doesn't appear to be working.

Doubt it ever will.

You know, that's the great thing about message boards though.  When I see a thread title that I know I won't care about you know what I do??  "Click on it?" you say?  Uh, no.  I ignore it.

So if you guys that care NOTHING about image, uniforms, an OCS, etc. really do care nothing about these things, why are you here?  And why are you reading THIS post??  And why will you lambaste what I've just said?

Because your logic is about as sound as one who flew over the Cuckoo's nest.

If you don't care, don't read.  But you ought to be man enough to let those who do care discuss these matters in peace.

It's really quite simple-- we have heard your argument in just about every thread on this board. SOme agree-- some disagree-- some just don't care to hear it. The bottom line is you are spamming your message every chance youget and that is distracting the original point of so many threads. We call that hijacking and it is not acceptable behavior. I say this not as someone opposing a viewpoint but as someone who prefers people stay ON TOPIC.

We have a nice place to play. It may not be the perfect situation but it is what it is at this point. When someone says they want to improve the current situation-- we aren't asking you to tell us that you want a completely different stadium to solve the issue. We can't hope to build an OCS before Fridays game afterall. So give your Glazer hate a break or put it somewhere that someone is listening and/or debating that topic please.

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  1,812
  • Days Won:  0

Before this turns to an OCS thread, keep in mind 100k a game is nothing to a man that Hillsborough County made a billionaire years ago.  While one would like to say the Glazers are USF's daddy, it's important to note that the Glazers own and operate (although not officially) the Hillsborough County Sports Authority.

Et tu Brute

The Glazers were billionaires before they bought the Bucs; trailer parks made them wealthy. The City of Tampa is where the stadium is and the funding organization and the Tampa Sports Authority is the manager and operator.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

21tcpx.jpg

We all want an OCS, MAB..relax a bit, eh?

I suppose I could say the same to you, huh?

No, because  while I am an advocate of an OCS, I don't make that a point at every opportunity and non-opportunity.

Relax a bit and let the other side of the debate pitch in their two cents.

Part of me say the other side is "you, MAB" and the other part says "accept him, he is a brother."  After all, I'm with you.  It's not your position I disagree with, it's your plan of attack.

I make a very balanced post saying it's fine if this stuff doesn't matter to some people, but to just understand it does to others.

And to the spirit of accepting the other side's opinion, they may be tired of it.

You're going to ask me to "relax" after a very chilled post like that?

Sure, I appreciate your drive, and I just wish it were focused properly.

::) ::) ::) ::)

Nice job.

Indeed.

Pretty weak effort there, Bulliever.

You justified nothing in that post.

Hey genius, I don't think I was trying to justify anything simply trying one final time to illustrate how tired I am of your babble.

Before this turns to an OCS thread, keep in mind 100k a game is nothing to a man that Hillsborough County made a billionaire years ago.  While one would like to say the Glazers are USF's daddy, it's important to note that the Glazers own and operate (although not officially) the Hillsborough County Sports Authority.

Et tu Brute

The Glazers were billionaires before they bought the Bucs; trailer parks made them wealthy. The City of Tampa is where the stadium is and the funding organization and the Tampa Sports Authority is the manager and operator.

Thanks for the correction on the name, but as you know Tampa Sports Authority is governed by the Hillsborough County Civil Service Board, as stated on their site.  Were the Glazers really billionaires beforehand?  Perhaps.  Either way, the Hillsborough County taxpayer was duped into making him an even richer man so that some people would have a place to watch and play football.  I still struggle to understand two terms included in the selling of the stadium to voters: "economic impact" and "community stadium."

Guest JulmisteForPrez

21tcpx.jpg

We all want an OCS, MAB..relax a bit, eh?

I suppose I could say the same to you, huh?

No, because  while I am an advocate of an OCS, I don't make that a point at every opportunity and non-opportunity.

Relax a bit and let the other side of the debate pitch in their two cents.

Part of me say the other side is "you, MAB" and the other part says "accept him, he is a brother."  After all, I'm with you.  It's not your position I disagree with, it's your plan of attack.

I make a very balanced post saying it's fine if this stuff doesn't matter to some people, but to just understand it does to others.

And to the spirit of accepting the other side's opinion, they may be tired of it.

You're going to ask me to "relax" after a very chilled post like that?

Sure, I appreciate your drive, and I just wish it were focused properly.

::) ::) ::) ::)

Nice job.

Indeed.

Pretty weak effort there, Bulliever.

You justified nothing in that post.

Hey genius, I don't think I was trying to justify anything simply trying one final time to illustrate how tired I am of your babble.

Hmmmmmm.....

Don't think so.

I challenged your motive behind asking me to "relax" after my very.....well......RELAXED post.

You felt the need to make an attempt to JUSTIFY what you said in that post.

Whether or not you realize it, that's exactly what you were trying to do.

And again, I must ask, why is this such a taboo subject on this site?

I understand that a lot of people here hate talking about it, and that's fine.  That's why they are free to NOT CLICK ON THE THREAD when it CLEARLY is going to be about something like this.

Where's the problem, here?

• Content Count:  1,532

Ohh goodness... trying to discuss something as simple as a few banners and field paint should not be this hard.

I agree as far as paint goes... that darn WHITE FLAG should be our #1 priority.  I hope I never see it again.  The green paint would be fine... ANYTHING but white.

As for seat covers... I hope we get more butts in the seats for now on and they can just forget about it.  BUT, if they don't... covering up the red ones could work I guess. 

Flying a BULLS flag from the ship could be cool... why not open it up?  We have to live with it... why not use it?  It's not like we can hide it or just forget about it... obviously.

• Content Count:  936

All I want is

a) To win

B) For people to wear green

c) To hear nothing but noise on defense

Agreed 100%.

And again, I must ask, why is this such a taboo subject on this site?

It's not, in fact intelligent OCS debate is welcomed and encouraged.

Where's the problem, here?

I really don't understand how you can ask that question when a number of people have tried over and over to spell it out for you. 

Let's call the MAB-centric discussion over so that the rest of the gang can get back to discussing the original intent of the thread.

Archived