• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The Home Field - how to make it feel like it...

USF03

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,532
  • Days Won:  0

They mentioned the bad "home field advantage" we have on the re-broadcast (obviously I didn't hear it during the game!).  They do have a point while they are looking around the stadium with a pirate ship, bucs field paint, bucs banners, and red seats.  It does suck. 

I have heard "rumors" that individual green seat covers and (when the upper bowl isn't open) green covers will be used.  They might also cover up the bucs banner on the front of the 3rd tier.  Might help a little.

What else can we do?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  5,377
  • Days Won:  10

Oh...we could be ranked in the top twenty and get all the W's we can.  When you win big you don't notice the unimportant things.

Or we can invest 50 million and have a team that loses in our own house (like a team to our northeast).

I am thankful for our team's accomplishments on the field.  I don't care if I impress the guy (or university or sportscaster) next door. 

• Content Count:  1,532

Oh...we could be ranked in the top twenty and get all the W's we can.  When you win big you don't notice the unimportant things.

Or we can invest 50 million and have a team that loses in our own house (like a team to our northeast).

I am thankful for our team's accomplishments on the field.  I don't care if I impress the guy (or university or sportscaster) next door. 

I agree, we could play in the USF soccer stadium for all care as long as we win.  BUT, wouldn't it be nice to get a little green in Ray Jay now that we are winning?  Maybe TSA/Glazers will go along with more green now...  doesn't hurt.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  5,377
  • Days Won:  10

I agree, we could play in the USF soccer stadium for all care as long as we win.  BUT, wouldn't it be nice to get a little green in Ray Jay now that we are winning?  Maybe TSA/Glazers will go along with more green now...  doesn't hurt.

I don't think that RJ is going to put 10-20 thousand seat covers on for us so that we can see green.  Even if they did, there is too much in that stadium that says "Bucs" so that any effort would be rendered ineffective.  I DO agree with painting the field as completely as we can whenever we can, but frankly, all that is superficial.  It is not what I am there for.  I want an OCS when we can do it right -- with seatbacks and waterfountains (!).  Until then, with the way this team is performing, I don't even notice the other stuff.

Guest JulmisteForPrez

That's fine guys.......if you don't care about this stuff, that's cool.

Just realize there are a LOT of USF fans that do, and the fact that image DOES matter to the average fan.

Image DOES matter to fans/observers from other areas that see the Bulls on national TV.

If image were unimportant, why spend so much on nice uniforms, etc?

Most of the regular posters here are hardcore fans who don't care about these things.  But the average fan on this site is FAR different from the average fan in the community & nation.  LOTS of people care about this stuff.

People like Shoop and myself are hardcore USF fans who do care.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,042
  • Days Won:  469

21tcpx.jpg

We all want an OCS, MAB..relax a bit, eh?

• Content Count:  635

If image were unimportant, why spend so much on nice uniforms, etc?

three M's: marketing, merchandising, money.

not only do i not care about this personally, but i also don't really care what non-USF fans think. i don't want to mold ourselves to an established standard just because "that's the way it is." i want us to do our own thing.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,042
  • Days Won:  469

Funny, when you search for "Blah, blah, blah" on Google images, next to that image is this:

attention-whore.jpg

Those Google people are good!

• Content Count:  1,812

Lets wait until the day of the game and then start a big OCS thread; wow that would be great.

Archived