• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UNC NOON Game to be Picked up by ESPN/ESPN2

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  74,525
  • Days Won:  422

any update on which station?

Nothing on their listings yet. They may wait to see how this weekend's games go before commiting ....

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,525
  • Days Won:  422

Is there any precedent of us wearing WHITE jerseys at home for these early starts? a.k.a. The Bucs and Dolphins. I know some people don't buy into the dark vs lighter color uni's giving the home team that much of an advantage. This is kind of a Shoop question  ;D

I think in college you have to agree to that very early on and the opponent has to agree to it.

Home team may have to choose early but I'd be shocked if the opponent had to agree with anything ..... unless you're asking for a last minute change.

FWIW, from Wikipedia:

A few college football teams traditionally wear white uniforms at home in football, most notably the LSU Tigers and the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets (although Tech currently wears gold jerseys at home under coach Chan Gailey). NCAA rules requiring the visiting team to consent to LSU wearing white at home can hurt them when they host an early season daytime home game, although when LSU faces another Southeastern Conference team, the NCAA rule does not apply, because SEC rules dictate that the home team will be allowed its choice of jersey color in conference game without prior approval of the visiting team. The Florida Gators twice took advantage of this SEC rule under former coach Steve Spurrier and wore white at home against LSU, forcing LSU to wear its purple jerseys in a daytime game in 2000 won by the Gators, 41-9.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Home_advantage

Wow, I stand corrected..... In these days of last minute switching for tv why would the visiting team ever allow the home to go to white if they can prevent it? I wonder if the BE has a rule like the SEC?

• Group:  Member
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Is there any precedent of us wearing WHITE jerseys at home for these early starts? a.k.a. The Bucs and Dolphins. I know some people don't buy into the dark vs lighter color uni's giving the home team that much of an advantage. This is kind of a Shoop question  ;D

I think in college you have to agree to that very early on and the opponent has to agree to it.

Home team may have to choose early but I'd be shocked if the opponent had to agree with anything ..... unless you're asking for a last minute change.

From the NCAA rule book:

Contrasting Colors

ARTICLE 3.  a.  Players of opposing teams shall wear jerseys of contrasting colors, and the visitng team shall wear white jerseys.  White jerseys may be worn by the home team when the teams have agreed before the season.  Players of a team shall wear jerseys of the same color and design.

http://www.ncaa.org/library/rules/2007/2007_football_rules.pdf

FWIW, from Wikipedia:

A few college football teams traditionally wear white uniforms at home in football, most notably the LSU Tigers and the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets (although Tech currently wears gold jerseys at home under coach Chan Gailey). NCAA rules requiring the visiting team to consent to LSU wearing white at home can hurt them when they host an early season daytime home game, although when LSU faces another Southeastern Conference team, the NCAA rule does not apply, because SEC rules dictate that the home team will be allowed its choice of jersey color in conference game without prior approval of the visiting team. The Florida Gators twice took advantage of this SEC rule under former coach Steve Spurrier and wore white at home against LSU, forcing LSU to wear its purple jerseys in a daytime game in 2000 won by the Gators, 41-9.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Home_advantage

Wow, I stand corrected..... In these days of last minute switching for tv why would the visiting team ever allow the home to go to white if they can prevent it? I wonder if the BE has a rule like the SEC?

I can't find anything on it.

• Content Count:  624
  • Days Won:  0

ATTENTION: With the growth of this program, 7:00pm games will NOT be the norm anymore for USF. Everyone should make plans around our home games, and don't assume TBA means 7:00pm. When I think of College Football, I think of games being played with the sun shining on a beautiful Saturday afternoon. I am so glad we moved this game, because the TV exposure will make up for any fans we lose. Plus, when we win we can continue the tailgate on into the night!

• Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

I don't think USF has ever worn white jerseys at home.  We have worn white pants on a number of occassions.  In fact, white pants was originally the norm.  Not sure when exactly it changed, but I believe it was 2002 or so.

• Content Count:  12,293

yea i remember this topic was brought up last year when we played Pitt in the afternoon and we wore green and they wore white.

with the material the jerseys are made out of it doesnt really become a factor. 

Interesting tid-bit:

The North Carolina game is designated USF Lakeland Day. About 250 additional Polk County fans will be in attendance and seated in Sections 238 and 239.

http://www.theledger.com/article/20070912/NEWS/709120541/1002

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Unfortunately for the Big East while we've grown in football we hvent grown in weekend tv ratings. Expect more off time games (from our 7 pm) thursdays, fridays and Sat noon will be norms

• Content Count:  3,574

i'm flying down for the game but i'll have to drive around all day on friday with my magnets and flags on my car.......and i live right on the border of durham and chapel hill

Wow

USF + Duke = a very large hatred towards UNC

GO BULLS

Make that 2...  ;)

Archived