• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UNC NOON Game to be Picked up by ESPN/ESPN2

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

As much as I hate 12:00 games at home during September/October, the TV coverage is positive thing for USF.  I guess I'll have to wear a hat (which I never wear) and oodles of sunscreen.  Don't forget Bull fans, to drink lots of water also.  LOL

GO BULLS!!!

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

Is there any precedent of us wearing WHITE jerseys at home for these early starts? a.k.a. The Bucs and Dolphins. I know some people don't buy into the dark vs lighter color uni's giving the home team that much of an advantage. This is kind of a Shoop question  ;D

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Is there any precedent of us wearing WHITE jerseys at home for these early starts? a.k.a. The Bucs and Dolphins. I know some people don't buy into the dark vs lighter color uni's giving the home team that much of an advantage. This is kind of a Shoop question  ;D

I think in college you have to agree to that very early on and the opponent has to agree to it.

• Content Count:  3,827
  • Days Won:  0

Fellas, fellas, fellas.....look on the bright side.....

College chicks in bikini tops.

• Content Count:  2,363

it will still be a good showing but its probably going to be about 7-8,000 less then if the game was at night.

That's probably about right .... I'll be there but no tailgatin because of prior commitments .... I wonder if it affects many UNC fans traveling in for the game.

It's a shame a noon start's not the most tailgate-friendly--we could probably show the Heels fans a thing or two, as tailgating is logistically difficult, and because of such, not held in high regard on Carolina's campus. I'd love to see us be the hosts I keep hearing the Auburn fans were.

it will still be a good showing but its probably going to be about 7-8,000 less then if the game was at night.

That's probably about right .... I'll be there but no tailgatin because of prior commitments .... I wonder if it affects many UNC fans traveling in for the game.

It's a shame a noon start's not the most tailgate-friendly--we could probably show the Heels fans a thing or two, as tailgating is logistically difficult, and because of such, not held in high regard on Carolina's campus. I'd love to see us be the hosts I keep hearing the Auburn fans were.

USF Fans are pretty decent... if you stay away from our students.  Sometimes I think USF students can be as bad as UCF students...

During the 1st quarter at Auburn, two USF fans who were obviously students, tried to get the Upper Deck to start chanting "Au-burn suh-ucks!" ... a few joined in, but no one else did.  Totally classless.

However, the fans in the lots on the south side of the stadium tend to be much more cordial...

Oh, and the few 'bad' Auburn fans we ran into, looked like obvious Auburn students... so it might just be a trademark of youth.

Fellas, fellas, fellas.....look on the bright side.....

College chicks in bikini tops.

You have a very good point.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,529
  • Days Won:  422

I think in college you have to agree to that very early on and the opponent has to agree to it.

Home team may have to choose early but I'd be shocked if the opponent had to agree with anything ..... unless you're asking for a last minute change.

• Content Count:  4,642

any update on which station?

Home team may have to choose early but I'd be shocked if the opponent had to agree with anything ..... unless you're asking for a last minute change.

FWIW, from Wikipedia:

A few college football teams traditionally wear white uniforms at home in football, most notably the LSU Tigers and the Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets (although Tech currently wears gold jerseys at home under coach Chan Gailey). NCAA rules requiring the visiting team to consent to LSU wearing white at home can hurt them when they host an early season daytime home game, although when LSU faces another Southeastern Conference team, the NCAA rule does not apply, because SEC rules dictate that the home team will be allowed its choice of jersey color in conference game without prior approval of the visiting team. The Florida Gators twice took advantage of this SEC rule under former coach Steve Spurrier and wore white at home against LSU, forcing LSU to wear its purple jerseys in a daytime game in 2000 won by the Gators, 41-9.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Home_advantage

Archived