• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Kickoff cheer

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,139
  • Days Won:  1

E.T. has it on this one... 

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO before

BULLS !!!  at kick

STAMPEEDE !!!!  right after

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,512
  • Days Won:  422

I know I may be in the minority here, but I've always found kickoff cheers to be excessively gay.

Just my $0.02

That's surprising since kickoff cheers are part of that traditional college football stuff, aren't they?

• Content Count:  5,903

I like the STAMPEEDE one personally.

This or any cheer is going to be very hard to start. Especially since no one agrees. I think the Bullies, Beef Studs, Bulls Backers, and any other groups should all get together (or do it separately) and vote on 3 or 4 kickoff cheers. And once we have a winner, tell/email athletics and get an ad in the Oracle (full page would be nice) stating what to do.

We have to get something unified... this can only happen by working together: students, alumni, and athletics.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Content Count:  894
  • Days Won:  0

last year me and some of the SBC people around me would do "ooooooooooooooooooo.." (while waving the  bull horns around in a circle) and when the ball is in the air, "U-S-F"

This is what we've been doing the past 2-3 years.

• Content Count:  4,642

GOOOOOO during set up

BULLS when kicked

U-S-F while in flight

• Content Count:  1,251

how about 

Goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo (waving the bulls Horns)

U - S - F (when the ball is kicked)

E.T. has it on this one... 

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO before

BULLS !!!  at kick

STAMPEEDE !!!!  right after

both of those are my favorite so far.......

the GOOOOOOOOOOOO (ball kicked)U-S-F in rythem would work just fine..........there should not be any kind of a timing problem........i was actually thinking the same thing about the oracle page.......it would be the best way to communicate it to everyone.........maybe we should have the full back page of the sports and explain every one of our cheers......some people dont even know the fight song chant as sad as that might sound......

we need to get one of these going.......this is how we build tradition at USF!

(teeing up the ball) "GOOOOOOOOOOO"(waving horns in circles)

(Ball kicked) "Bulls!"

(slight hesitaion after Bulls like auburn did) (ball in air) "Stampede!"

that would be sick!

• Content Count:  9

This is one of those things that is way harder to get started than it seems... even if it is in the Oracle, not everybody reads it...  It would have to go far beyond the Oracle.  We need to talk to student government and have it announced (and practiced) at every pep rally, have the Athletics Department put it up on the website, have whoever is in charge of the school's regular website add it to the "traditions" section.  Basically... any and ALL forms of communication to not only the students, but also the alumni and even just fans from around the area who may have never been affiliated with USF but still support the team at the games.

That being said... Someone might like to let the cheerleaders know that they need to change what they've been doing for YEARS... (or you guys can just catch on now  ;)

• Content Count:  5,903

This is one of those things that is way harder to get started than it seems... even if it is in the Oracle, not everybody reads it...  It would have to go far beyond the Oracle.  We need to talk to student government and have it announced (and practiced) at every pep rally, have the Athletics Department put it up on the website, have whoever is in charge of the school's regular website add it to the "traditions" section.  Basically... any and ALL forms of communication to not only the students, but also the alumni and even just fans from around the area who may have never been affiliated with USF but still support the team at the games.

That being said... Someone might like to let the cheerleaders know that they need to change what they've been doing for YEARS... (or you guys can just catch on now  ;)

Very true.... but, we need to pick a kick-off cheer first, that's the hard part. There are 15 cheers being kicked around (pun intended) here and else where.

• Content Count:  358

So... since I was a cheerleader for 4 years... I figure I'd help you guys (and the cheerleaders) out because I know that it is impossible to hear them during kickoff... or ever.  What the cheerleaders would LIKE for you to say is...

GOOOOOOOOOOO (waving the bulls sign in the air)

BULLS! Go Bulls!  (when the ball is kicked)

I've been saying for years to try to use the signs to get more fans to catch on... but I guess it just falls through?  Anyway... next game try it out!!

Just go with what she said.  It's already what they've been saying for years now.

• Content Count:  1,757

I like the extended "GO" with the "BULLS" at the kick...

but how about a good ole fashioned "DROP IT"  right before the other team tries the catch? 

Archived