• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Parking on campus..

PitBull

Isn't the Bull Runner an option for people??  Air condition buses ... cool in the heat and dry in the rain... I wish they had these when I was there... I remember walking from Beta to Engineering for a 2:00pm class my freshman year... needed to leave like 30 minutes early to cool down... back then there were no trees in MLK, like walking across the Sahara....

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,241
  • Days Won:  0

Parking is and always will be a problem at USF as well as at almost every major college.

• Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

Will be magnified eventually by an on campus stadium.

I realize where we live and all, but, they should restrict parking for those that live on campus. I know we have to drive everywhere around here... but, make a friend and car pool.

• Content Count:  1,911

My problem isn’t with the prices of permits (though they are ridiculously priced), or the difficulties of finding a decent spot at the peak times.

My problem with the parking situation is this...I have all of my classes on the Engineering/Sciences side of campus. They recently shut down one of the student lots to start building the Walnut Drive garage...no problem, good move. My problem is that the worldly scholars running things decided to close the Magnolia parking lot (Engineering/Sciences biggest lot) in order to start construction on new dorms...while the parking garage is still under construction rather than waiting three months until the parking garage is finished. For the handful of spots in the magnolia lot that are left, they've been designated as Faculty/Staff spots while the Faculty/Staff lot has empty spots at the peak times during the day, and the magnolia spots go untouched.

Meanwhile, the Magnolia residents (who also used that lot) have been moved to the remote lot, which is now full, so they opened a temp remote lot...which is huge...and horribly laid out...and you need a 4x4 to drive into it (over a full sized curb). Due to the wonderful layout, they're getting maybe half as many cars in there as they could.

To their credit they've also opened up a temp lot for that side of campus on Collins, but it's also open to Faculty/Staff...so if it's closer, they can park there rather than parking in their own lot on the other side of the buildings...additionally, anyone who wants to go to the library, or anything else on the other side of Collins how has a better alternative than the sun dome or park and ride lots. All of this could have been avoided by delaying the construction of the dorms for three months. I also failed to mention, construction hasn’t actually started on those dorms yet...but the lot is blocked off just the same. All of this has meant I opt to ride my bike to class from work rather than drive...pretty much rendering my $160 parking permit a waste.

Thanks USF PATS...you really came through for us this time.

• Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Isn't the Bull Runner an option for people??  Air condition buses ... cool in the heat and dry in the rain... I wish they had these when I was there... I remember walking from Beta to Engineering for a 2:00pm class my freshman year... needed to leave like 30 minutes early to cool down... back then there were no trees in MLK, like walking across the Sahara....

Seeing that USF used to be a desert (sand pit - artillery range), that is pretty appropriate :)

• Content Count:  2,187
  • Days Won:  2

PATS needs to review their Bull Runner routes. There were over 40 people crammed on a little bus I was on today. Don't mean to complain, but when you see another Bull Runner go by, empty, something's wrong.

However, I am thankful they are in operation.

• Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

PATS needs to review their Bull Runner routes. There were over 40 people crammed on a little bus I was on today. Don't mean to complain, but when you see another Bull Runner go by, empty, something's wrong.

This week (and probably light days from now on), I walked a mile from my apartment (up near Peabodys on B.B. Downs) to the nearest bullrunner stop. Monday morning was packed on the bus. They had to drive pass bus stops. Tuesday was worse. After I walked the mile, found out the bus had broken down, so I walked another 1.5 miles to my class. Made it with 5 minutes to spare, but didn't finish my homework. Anyhow, I think the bullrunners are great (might need some route tweaking).

This week (and probably light days from now on), I walked a mile from my apartment (up near Peabodys on B.B. Downs) to the nearest bullrunner stop. Monday morning was packed on the bus. They had to drive pass bus stops. Tuesday was worse. After I walked the mile, found out the bus had broken down, so I walked another 1.5 miles to my class. Made it with 5 minutes to spare, but didn't finish my homework. Anyhow, I think the bullrunners are great (might need some route tweaking).

Okay. Well, perhaps you should drive to campus and then ride the Bull Runner.  Park and Ride from a covered garage like Laurel is a great way to do it ... the car is in the shade all day (which saves you gas, by the way).

Now, I realize they may need to add more vans/buses... but not sure I would ever walk from BB Downs to campus.

• Content Count:  6,743
  • Days Won:  17

You can always get hired by the University and then get your employer to give you a Staff Parking Pass, that's what I did when I was at USF.  Was great watching the parking lot Nazi's racing to yell at me about parking in a faculty lot only to point to the Staff Pass hanging in my window.  lol

• Content Count:  400

Park and Ride from a covered garage like Laurel is a great way to do it ... the car is in the shade all day (which saves you gas, by the way).

SHHH.. i'm hoping no one finds out about laurel..  ;) but in all seriousness, i dont know why people dont park there.. the garage is brand new and really nice.. granted, it's across holly, the walk isn't all too bad.  i can get to the administration building/marshall center in 10 minutes or so, which is basically the heart of campus.. and now that it's not getting too hot, the walk isnt too bad.. i'd rather walk that develop an ulcer from trying to find parking.

Archived