• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Parking on campus..

PitBull

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  398
  • Days Won:  0

I'm now in my second year at USF without a car. Last year, I lived on campus. And because I'm from Orlando, there was always someone going home once in a while who was gracious enough to give me a lift. And this year, I live on a Bull Runner route, which I take every single day.

There are a couple issues with routing. I've been on a bus that drove past a stop or two because it was jam packed. You can't help but feel bad for the stranded people. But there's always the next bus, I suppose.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  275

Its ridiculous that they still havent made a parking structure near the rec center. With all the activities the sundome has and the income generated from parking that could go towards a new structure its a wonder they dont/wont.

PTS claims were to blame for pfft get this...parking close to classes. They build the psychology lot, which NO one uses, typically at what, 20% capacity? And PTS claims again its because no one knows its there. HOW DO YOU MISS A 5 STORY PARKING GARAGE?

Put parking WHERE WE NEED IT. Theres a reason we have a 500 space temp lot near the library, get with the picture!

• Content Count:  400

Its ridiculous that they still havent made a parking structure near the rec center. With all the activities the sundome has and the income generated from parking that could go towards a new structure its a wonder they dont/wont.

PTS claims were to blame for pfft get this...parking close to classes. They build the psychology lot, which NO one uses, typically at what, 20% capacity? And PTS claims again its because no one knows its there. HOW DO YOU MISS A 5 STORY PARKING GARAGE?

Put parking WHERE WE NEED IT. Theres a reason we have a 500 space temp lot near the library, get with the picture!

the lot next to the sundome is the designated area of where an on campus stadium WOULD be [allegedly]

It also makes no sense that for the first 1-2 months of school the magnolia lot where theyre putting the new dorms is closed. If you're not building, PARK US THERE!

And why are they putting a parking garage across from magnolia??? PATS claims the reason we hate parking is because were too greedy and want to park where we're going. Why not put a parking garage near the library (yes ANOTHER ONE) and let the magnolia residents walk, they dont have to be so lazy.

• Content Count:  771

Once the Walnut garage is finalized, the next garage lot will be built between the Rec Center, Sundome and COBA/Cooper Hall plaza. Before ranting about something you dont know anything about, feel free to e-mail parking and transportation services about the issue.

• Content Count:  1,633

Once the Walnut garage is finalized, the next garage lot will be built between the Rec Center, Sundome and COBA/Cooper Hall plaza. Before ranting about something you dont know anything about, feel free to e-mail parking and transportation services about the issue.

I have emailed PATS and it routinely takes 2-3 weeks for a response. I actually sent them an e-mail Sept. 10th and I am still awaiting a reply.

For what? a 3 week wait for a response? It doesn't matter. Like I said they aren't on top of things. They built the structure near the psych building that's routinely at 10% capacity, EVERY DAY. Their excuse? "No one knows its there".

WELLLLLLL that means somewhere along the lines either they dropped the ball in planning or 90% of the student population is blind and can't see a 5 story garage.

The problems in parking are NOT near magnolia, are NOT near the psych building or anywhere else. They are near the rec center and cooper hall and HAVE BEEN for as long as I've been here (3 years).

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

I always parked at the Sun Dome with no problems.  Then again, I had classes before 10 AM, too.

GO TO EARLY CLASSES!!!

• Content Count:  5,881
  • Days Won:  7

tough guy

• 3 weeks later...

• Content Count:  1,238

I am alumni and I was wondering...

1. If you have to be a student to purchase a parking permit and if yes, how $$$? Would save having to dig for quarters and it would help the school out.

2. Does anyone know if any of the parking garages, present or in the future can handle the height of a H2? Would like to use the garage but I do not want to pull up and block traffic trying see if the truck fits or not.

Thanks for any help.  :thumbsup

:gobulls Beat U-Conn!!!

Archived