• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Parking on campus..

PitBull

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

I have an alumni membership to the gym. I always park in park and ride. The guys never check those parking decals (at least to my knowledge).

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  4,738
  • Days Won:  0

Will this problem ever alleviate?

No.  Not so long as 40,000+ students all have cars and all show up to class around the same time. 

• Content Count:  1,532

Talks are underway in regards to building one or two garages next near the rec and business.  Some of the discussion depends on different funding sources which are mixed in with Sundome renovations/athletics. 

We in SG are seriously pushing for this to happen and are told at our bi-weekly meetings with PATS that this is being taken seriously by them.  I have a good feeling it is coming as long as the additonal funding is available.  If not, they will have to wait a year (they didn't increase the parking permits my 25% as the previous schedule had them doing for 5 years to pay for the garages, only 5% this year... the 25% would go towards paying off a new garage). 

• Content Count:  4,738

Talks are underway in regards to building one or two garages next near the rec and business.  Some of the discussion depends on different funding sources which are mixed in with Sundome renovations/athletics. 

We in SG are seriously pushing for this to happen and are told at our bi-weekly meetings with PATS that this is being taken seriously by them.  I have a good feeling it is coming as long as the additonal funding is available.  If not, they will have to wait a year (they didn't increase the parking permits my 25% as the previous schedule had them doing for 5 years to pay for the garages, only 5% this year... the 25% would go towards paying off a new garage). 

why do other state schools get by without parking garages, but students here demand them.  Not to mention USF has plenty more land. 

I say have a study done(if it hasnt already)  to make the bus routes work better.  Put more buses on campus.  make everyone park a mile away like every other school. spend that money on things the school needs more.

• Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

why do other state schools get by without parking garages, but students here demand them.  Not to mention USF has plenty more land. 

I say have a study done(if it hasnt already)  to make the bus routes work better.  Put more buses on campus.  make everyone park a mile away like every other school. spend that money on things the school needs more.

UF's parking problem is much worse than USF's.  There are parking garages everywhere and still not enough spots.  Freshman have to live on campus and can't park near classes and even then there isn't enough parking to go around.  We aren't the only school that has this problem.

• Content Count:  2,307

Sun Dome is where I park.  I don't mind walking.  Also, the garage by the Psych building is always empty.  It's a 5 minute walk to the MC...about the same at the Sun Dome.  People are just lazy.  They'd rather drive for 20 minutes looking for one while they can park in the garage, walk to class and get there earlier.

• Content Count:  400

Sun Dome is where I park.  I don't mind walking.  Also, the garage by the Psych building is always empty.

ya, the one next to the psych building is the laurel parking garage.. it's never full.  and even if you are super lazy and dont want to walk, it's got it's own bus stop.

unless you have classes around the business school, i never saw the point in parking around the sun dome.. your car gets baked in the sun, and i've seen that parking lot fill up quite often between monday and wednesday.. still dont understandt he logic, especially if you have to walk anyways.. then again, if you're one of those who keep parking there, be my guest.. that's just more spots available at laurel for me  >:D

• Content Count:  2,307

Sun Dome is where I park.  I don't mind walking.  Also, the garage by the Psych building is always empty.

ya, the one next to the psych building is the laurel parking garage.. it's never full.  and even if you are super lazy and dont want to walk, it's got it's own bus stop.

unless you have classes around the business school, i never saw the point in parking around the sun dome.. your car gets baked in the sun, and i've seen that parking lot fill up quite often between monday and wednesday.. still dont understandt he logic, especially if you have to walk anyways.. then again, if you're one of those who keep parking there, be my guest.. that's just more spots available at laurel for me  >:D

No me importa caminar--si no esta lloviendo.  Tenia classes en Cooper--no es muy lejo del Sun Dome...y el garage alante de la biblioteca siempre estaba lleno.

Yeah---felt like randomly typing in spanish--I don't even remember that last time I did that.  I'm sure you'll understand it.

Archived