• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Elon at South Florida

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  827
  • Days Won:  0

Let's hope that the Elon's of the world aren't even scheduled in the upcoming years.

Get use to it. Nothing is going to change. That is the philosophy of this regime. Schedule a Div. I-AA school every year to start off. Not that big of a deal. We need a practice game with uniforms on every year.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Let's hope that the Elon's of the world aren't even scheduled in the upcoming years.

We will always have a 1-AA in the forseable future.  You better get used to the idea.

• Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

I think you will always see the 1AA game on the schedule.  Most top tier teams are doing it.  Especially since the 12 game schedule makes it more difficult to fill the schedule.

I think you will always see the 1AA game on the schedule.  Most top tier teams are doing it.  Especially since the 12 game schedule makes it more difficult to fill the schedule.

I think it has more to do with the fact that teams can count a victory over a I-AA toward bowl eligibility every year... in the past, the rule allowed once every four years. 

So there are two incentives to playing a I-AA... an extra home game (for the $$) and a virtually guaranteed win for most teams... that means a team can go 5-6 against I-A teams and still go to a bowl game.

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

Mr. Jim has it!

• Content Count:  12,470
  • Days Won:  25

JimUSFSig - there you go, talking about ucf again.

GO BULLS!

• Content Count:  4,642

I love preseason  ;)

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

UCF will get pwned by NCState.

• Content Count:  18

We're a couple days out and I'm getting pretty excited.  I know that the odds are against us for this to even be a close game, but many Elon fans are really geared up about playing you guys.

For those that don't want another "Elon" schduled, just remember most teams play down a divison.  Even Michigan is playing App st!  Many FCS (I-AA) schools also play down a division.  I always hate to see when we play down to D-II, so I know how you feel.

I don't want this to be a huge hug fest, because it's football darn it.......but thanks for the USF fans that have come over to the Elon board and have been civil.  Most of us on the Elon board are predicting a 35+ point loss anyway!!!  I really enjoyed the discussions with you guys so far, and thanks for not talking too much smack (even though it's fun most of the time.

Cheers and heres to an injury free game!!

Archived