• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Elon at South Florida

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

our 3rd string would start for Elon.

im not trying to brag or anything cause im sure there are plenty of guys on USC or UF's 3rd string that would start for us but

no matter what time of the game, we will dominate

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  12,470
  • Days Won:  25

I would like to see about 80% running plays.

We need the work.

GO BULLS

im not trying to brag or anything cause im sure there are plenty of guys on USC or UF's 3rd string that would start for us but

• Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

Our talent level is much closer to UF than Elon.  We can hang with just about any team in the country.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,666
  • Days Won:  29

We need the work.

GO BULLS

#2 QB needs work also.

Just an FYI regarding USF's Talented Depth. C. Hill was a Top QB for a very good JuCo team and could not break the 2 Deep at any position.

We need the work.

GO BULLS

#2 QB needs work also.

Just an FYI regarding USF's Talented Depth. C. Hill was a Top QB for a very good JuCo team and could not break the 2 Deep at any position.

C Hill has also been the team pinball.

but its also scary when you are highly recruited out of a 1A school.  or was it 2A.

bad person to compare,

im not saying that every single person on UF's 3 deep would start for us...i was just using an example i HATE the gators as much as everyone but there are differences in recruiting from us to them and elon to us.  elon has a tougher road then we do but it was just an example...relax

You're forgetting that USF's 2nd and 3rd stringers will be playing defense in the 4th quarter...

USF will dominate time of possession... something like 38 mins to 22 mins, thanks to a lot of runnings plays.

[glow=yellow,2,300]And you're assuming that Elon will have their first strong in the entire game ? [/glow] ;D

Our 2nd team OL will get a lot of work in Run Blocking and we have some young talent that needs reps.

Yup.

Two years ago, against FAMU, USF's 2nd and 3rd stringers saw a lot of playing time, but FAMU played its starters for almost all of the game... of course they only managed 3 points.

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

Wasn't the QB and kicker the only 2 white dudes on their team?

• Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

I enjoy all the enthusiam but let us not forget last years "tune-up" FIU.

We had to come from behind and escape with a 21-20 victory.

Completely different circumstance.  SJ Green, Will Bleakley and Julmiste were the only starters last year on offense that had ever seen any meaningful playing time going in to that game except against Mcneese State.  Only Greene and Julmiste had ever started a game.  Don't forget, in that game, they scored on a punt return (special teams scare me again this year) and an INT on a real freshman mistake by Matt on his third or 4th drive.  All of FIU's scoring took place in the first quarter and a half.  Once our young guys got over the nervousness of playing in their first game, we completely dominated that game.  Our D only allowed about 100 yards total in the 2nd half.

The nervousness of playing in your first college game, regardless of the opponent and regardless of how good you are, can be quite unsettling.  i remember after the PSU, Leavitt was laughing at some of the freshman because they were so nervous.  They printed a story in the paper about one freshman starter that was so nervous he ran over to the coaches when the punt team was ready to go on the field to ask what he was supposed to do.  They laughed at him and told him to sit down.  Not only was he NOT on the punt team.  He had never played on special teams in his life.  It happens to a lot of players in their first game.  When Vinny Testaverde went into the game for his first snap at UM he lined up behind the Guard and the players had to motion to him to move over to the center.

This year is such a different story.  Almost every starter has significant playing expereince.  That's why you start a guy like Williams over Ford in the first couple of games.  It makes a huge difference to settle in and have the game slow down for you.  That's why I laugh when people try to compare the slow start against FIU and even UCF and Kansas.  No comparison at all.

The biggest difference between this year and years past, especially in the early games will be the experience and depth that we have.

• Content Count:  468

Let's hope that the Elon's of the world aren't even scheduled in the upcoming years.

Archived