• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bulls on Parade by Rage

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  509
  • Days Won:  0

A couple years ago the band played over the mcdonalds thing every first down.  I think they got in trouble for playing over a sponsers commerical, since now they always wait until just after it finishes to start playing.

Marching bands do not use microphones!

Ben Folds Rocks!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  296

afik, HOT will be staying put where they are for a long while(while we're at RayJay at least). That corner has the easiest access to the field.

HOT will be taking up more space this year, we get the section immediately to the band's right before as well.

Jon

• Content Count:  117

I would like to hear "The Bull #8" each down ... while we're on defense.

I disagree. It gets old REALLY fast. Especially before the game starts when they do it to each side of the stadium. It's fun every once in a while, but on every defensive down? The song is not very intimidating, and if I we're playing I'd want something a little more hard core to get me pumped.

I remember after the UCF game in Orlando last year one of their fans on their board saying something like "I don't know what that song was that their band kept playing where they wave their hands in the air with the horns, but that thing is still in my head"      That is EXACTLY what we need to have!!!  KEEP UP THE GREAT JOB HOT!!!

• Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  1

not after every first down...thats lame....play it when they run out of the locker room to start the game...then its not overused and gives you something to anticipate when the song starts...think it starts and after 15 or so seconds they come running out of the tunnel..i mean playing the actual track then having it lowered in volume and the band pick up and play as they finish running out. That would be intense.

Ive been at UF and they have the swamp video that is exciting and we have the Bull video which is intense too. I think this would get people nuts

• Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Oh hell yeah! This is a great song. If the HOT can't pull it off to sound good on the instruments, then we should play the chorus when the opponent is in a 3rd down situation on offense. That song will get our whole defense totally pumped! Did i mention that this song totally rocks??

• Content Count:  1,532

The band used to play the entire song... but we stopped back in 2004.  We (those in the band and THIS board) got mad and what we got was the 4th down cheer.  Better then nothing. 

If anyone wishing to bring up the links to last years band angle/size/everything else debate... go ahead.  Same bat thing... same bat time... different year!

The way the band is angled, it may be hard to hear them down on the southeast side of the stadium (techniclly the vistors section)... but other then that it would just be becuase Ray Jay is so freaking big.  Give the band some more money and they can add a few extra hundred!

haha

• Content Count:  12,469
  • Days Won:  25

How about putting the band in the south endzone. They would be playing straight at the student section. Could you imagine the other team between the students and HOT?

That would be awesome!.

GO BULLS!

• Content Count:  296

^Wouldn't work for the same reason as the north endzone. We'd have to make our way through thousands of people to go up, around, and down the back to get to the field. It didn't work before, wouldn't work on the other side either.

• Content Count:  32

Thanks for all the thoughts/concerns about the Band.  All the students work VERY hard, and it's great to know the effort and energy they put into it is noticed and appreciated.

Due to the high number of requests over the years, we've added a streaming (not downloadable) .mp3 of "Bulls on Parade" performed by the HOT Band.  You can find it at:  http://band.arts.usf.edu/media.htm

Just to clear up some other Band issues I read about:

-We anticipate between 275-300 members for 2007.

-The full HOT Band will travel to Auburn & FAU to support our Bulls!

-The HOT Band will sit in sections 139 & 140 this year.

-New uniforms have been paid for, and will be delivered before the West Virginia game (9/28).

Thanks again for the interest in the HOT Band.  GO BULLS!

• Content Count:  32

i think the bulls on parade intro would work great as an intro for the football team, much like va tech does w/ enter sandman, maybe when we're consistently filling up the stadium.

Archived