• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

CFN Prediction: 7-5... USF = BE's Biggest Dissappointment

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,642
  • Days Won:  0

Yea I'll take that too!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  2,523

7-5 is very realistic as we've still got a very young team at the key positions.  Leavitt has been pulling miracles out of his butt, but to expect him to do it every single year without a let down is crazy.  This team is like the Bucs, great on defense, questions on offense which means ANYTHING can happen.  Teams like this walk a razor's edge between 10-2 and 5-7 and usually end up somewhere in between which I'd put us at 8-4.  I just with we could get in a better bowl game with 8 wins.

As far as Auburn, living here in Bama/Auburn/LSU country in Alabama; Auburn hears it on the radio constantly about USF and the potential for an upset so they will be more than ready.  If anything, they're preparing more so than normal to make sure they don't lose this game so our chances of coming in there and "surprising" anyone is a fantasy.

The ONLY chance we have to win that game in that stadium is to get a few turnovers quickly and drop 10-14 points on them before their head can spin forcing them to throw.  Bc if they get the lead, they are going to run all over us and Brandon Cox with a lead, is a totally different QB than when the game is in the balance.

Either way, I'm proud our team is getting pub and is no longer confused with the University of San Francisco by the average fan and hope I get to see a few more games on TV now since they are never on in my part of the country.

• Content Count:  3,574

Call me crazy, but I actually agree with the predictions.

I think this is Pitt's year, especially with their schedule.

8-5 with bowl win...

Best scenario... 9-4

Note: I'm not g*d

• Content Count:  1,457

This writer must be a Golden Knight; nice try Orlando Lover!

• Content Count:  89

I believe a reasonable prediction from me on the year would be 9-3.  USF now has some RB's that can make some noise, they just aren't proven yet.  This will add to the offense, and what I have been reading the defense should be in pretty good shape too.

But what do I know  :P.. I've been following you guys since last year when I seen you for the first time on TV.  Ever since then I been addicted to this site, although I don't post much.. I'm here lurking in the shadows daily.  The college I attend here in Ocala, FL. doesn't have a football team, so I have adopted you guys  ;D ;D

• Content Count:  3,574

I've been following you guys since last year when I seen you for the first time on TV.  Ever since then I been addicted to this site, although I don't post much.. I'm here lurking in the shadows daily.  The college I attend here in Ocala, FL. doesn't have a football team, so I have adopted you guys  ;D ;D

welcome aboard  :gobulls

• Content Count:  849

I'm tempted to say a 10-2 regular season, but I think we end up having a 9-3 regular season and a bowl win making it a 10-3 season. I would be happy with that. Although I hope that E.T. is correct in all of his predictions about USF's season... ;D

• Content Count:  1,777

USF not lose 5 games because they have the best coaches in the Big East. 

Wally Burnham

Dan McCarney

Carl Franks

Rich Rachel

Mike Canales

Mike Simmonds

Troy Douglas

Greg Gregory

Larry Scott

and of course

Jim Leavitt

Also I do not believe in fairy tales therefore I do not believe in Rutgers. You can make a note of this and post it in every Rutgers locker USF will not lose to Rutgers.

• Content Count:  1,757

We have too many upsides, including some very good new coaches and athletes to not do any better than that prediction.  Lousiville is breaking in a new coach and has to come to Tampa as does WVa.  Rutgers will be tough, but they're not unbeatable by any stretch of the imagination.  Pitt has looked confused since Wandstedt took over.  Cincinnati may be better with their new coach, but that's asking a bit, we get them here.  We know who most of our starting offensive roster is.  We won't have to suffer through another Rod Smith disaster. 

The future looks pretty bright to me.  I'd be disappointed and surprised with less than 8 wins.

• 2 months later...

Archived