• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

CFN Prediction: 7-5... USF = BE's Biggest Dissappointment

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

I don't understand why they would pick Pitt to go 9-3 ? ? ?

Especially if they lose so much leadership and talent.

usf doesnt have the talent that other big east elite teams have

it is that simple

I disagree.  We have the talent.  It's still just very young.  We are still building.  That is why you have seen the turnover in players the last several years.  The younger kids we have brought in have been better than the kids we brought in before.

Young talent is still talent.  Grothe is being talked about as one of the top QBs in the league  He's on the Maxwell list as a top player in the country.  he's only a Sophomore.  We have Ford and hopefully Taylor this year.  Considered to be 2 of the top RBs coming out of high school.  Moffitt is considered a top linebacker.  We have, what many consider to be, a top 5 CB tandem.  We just brought in one of the leading tacklers in the country last year (as a Freshman) at linebacker.

I really don't see us losing to Pitt and especially not losing to UCONN.  7-5 is a possibility, but not realistic.  8-4 would be disappointing simply given the expectations created with the roll we were on last year plus the better running game and experience we have relative to last year.  If we lode 4 games it wil be to Auburn, WVU, UL, and RU.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

USF's talent level is on par with BE elite.

Everyone was predicting 5-7 or 6-6 last year, and I said 8-4, and I was dead on.  Go back and check last year's prediction threads.

I say 10-2 this year.  Mark it down.  No way this team loses 5 games unless it implodes or is hit by serious injuries.

USF will not lose to both wVU and UL.  They haven't the last 2 years with worse teams, why would they this year with both games at home and a better team.  CFN didn't do their homework, we are good for at least one if not 2 wins against top 20 teams.  Gauranteed.

One loss to either WVU/UL.

One loss to another team (Pitt/RU)

I see us pulling the shocker at AU, but even if we lose, I see 9-3 at worse.

Pull this thread out at the end of the year for all the naysayers.    

Actually CFN said 8-4 last year too...

Not sure about a 10-2 season yet, it's defintily possible, but there is a lot of good teams in the BE. The schedule is much much harder than last year. I don't see UNC and UCF being near as bad. What makes me hesitate to predict 10-2 is the fact that even with the WVU win, we weren't worldbeaters on the road. Kansas was a terrible loss, Cincy put it to us, Louisville dominated. I just want to see this team play with some consistency on the road.

I think we'll have a 9-3; 8-4 type year with a lot of improvement offensively. What worries me on defense is the loss of 2 of our better linebackers and inexpirience with our depth on the front line.

The biggest reason I'm hesitate to say we're a 10-2 team is the fact that we play so many big games early. Auburn, UNC, and WVU weeks 2-4. That's a tough stretch for a young team.

• Content Count:  1,911
  • Days Won:  0

I cannot understand why the national media is still all up on Pitt's jock. What have they done in the past 20 years?

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

I cannot understand why the national media is still all up on Pitt's jock. What have they done in the past 20 years?

It bugs me because they are basing it on talent acquired. Those great classes of Wanny are going to be Juniors this year so the grace period is turning a little. I see them as an 8-4; 7-5 type team that does knock off someone. I think in 2008 or 2009 Pitt could be very dangerous.

• Content Count:  4,501

After Pitt loses to USF,Navy  and Cinci at home what will their record be then ?  lol     :D

To even sugest that we will be 7-5 really makes me wonder.  Do they think our offense is going to be that bad ?  Clearly we have an outstanding "D".  Shut down corners, outstand LBs and depth at D-line   This is basicaly the same D that shut down WV last year at Morgantown - and the only team all year to shut down the WV offense.  I see more sacks, TFLs, turn-overs and scoring by this defense this year.  Except for UL and WV we don't even face an offense that should make anyone worry.  Of course you have to always play your best but our best should shut down everyone else on our schedule.  Sure Rutgars has Ray Rice and he will rack up some yards but I don't see him making it into the end zone.  Pitt doesn't even have a QB.  Auburn - you have to be kidding me - that game may end with no score - by either team lol.  I look at the rest of our schedule and what I see is the opportunity for our defense to out score the other teams offense.  

Maybe I am having the "ET Syndrome" but I see great things for this team this year and by my way of thinking if you are of the about the same or even worse then last year mindset "and" you know USF football then you must believe one of two things - Matt Grothe is going to have a soph slump/get hurt or Ford and the rest of our RBs are not the real deal.

We play alot of the same teams this year as last - We beat WV at WV last year - Both teams are about the same so why, as a Bulls fan, wouldn't you expect(hope alot) to win this game at Tampa ?

Last time we played UL in Tampa we opened a can of whoop ass on them.  Now you think we are worse and will lose to them ?  You don't think this team is better then the team from two years ago ?

Pitt still has shown nothing.

Rutgars  will be a tough game.

I am excited about this year and look forward to great things.

• Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

USF's talent level is on par with BE elite.

Everyone was predicting 5-7 or 6-6 last year, and I said 8-4, and I was dead on.  Go back and check last year's prediction threads.

I say 10-2 this year.  Mark it down.  No way this team loses 5 games unless it implodes or is hit by serious injuries.

USF will not lose to both wVU and UL.  They haven't the last 2 years with worse teams, why would they this year with both games at home and a better team.  CFN didn't do their homework, we are good for at least one if not 2 wins against top 20 teams.  Gauranteed.

One loss to either WVU/UL.

One loss to another team (Pitt/RU)

I see us pulling the shocker at AU, but even if we lose, I see 9-3 at worse.

Pull this thread out at the end of the year for all the naysayers.    

Actually CFN said 8-4 last year too...

Not sure about a 10-2 season yet, it's defintily possible, but there is a lot of good teams in the BE. The schedule is much much harder than last year. I don't see UNC and UCF being near as bad. What makes me hesitate to predict 10-2 is the fact that even with the WVU win, we weren't worldbeaters on the road. Kansas was a terrible loss, Cincy put it to us, Louisville dominated. I just want to see this team play with some consistency on the road.

I think we'll have a 9-3; 8-4 type year with a lot of improvement offensively. What worries me on defense is the loss of 2 of our better linebackers and inexpirience with our depth on the front line.

The biggest reason I'm hesitate to say we're a 10-2 team is the fact that we play so many big games early. Auburn, UNC, and WVU weeks 2-4. That's a tough stretch for a young team.

Good point Joe on the road woes.  However all 3 of those, as well as UConn 2 years ago were games that the defense kept us in and the O could not do anything.  Against Louisville it then got ugly, but the others we had a shot to win.  I expect that if the offense goes from being average-mediocre (which it was statistically last year in yardage and points) and reduces turnovers then with the defense we have a shot at a special season.

• Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

I don't understand why they would pick Pitt to go 9-3 ? ? ?

Especially if they lose so much leadership and talent.

Look at Pitt's schedule...as they have SEVEN Home Games against:

Eastern Michigan

Grambling State (Div I-AA)

Connecticut

Navy

Cincinnati

Syracuse

USF

Pitt will probably be favored in every single game...and if they go 7-0 or 6-1 in those games...that's not much of a stretch.

To reach 9 W's...Pitt would have to win at least 2 of their 5 road games:

Michigan State (new coach...again)

Virginia

Louisville

Rutgers

WVU

My guess is that CFN has Pitt winning at Mich St and UVA with maybe the Rutgers game as their next best chance at a W.

is this really different than elan,ftu/ou/oc,fau and unc

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

The Big East is the BEAST.  Suffice it to say, we do have our work cut out for us.  I don't see where we are 7-5 unless we totally implode.  We have a better offense than last year.  Our QB shouldn't have to carry all of the load on his shoulders now.  We have a good RB corps to go to, good WRs and o-line.  We have a great defense.  Even though we lose Nicholas and St. Louis, we still have Moffitt and we have McKenzie.  We will be fine.

• Content Count:  21,336
  • Days Won:  10

USF will be a minimum of 8-4.  Again I think they are not looking at Leavitt's ability to keep the kids grounded.  Look at last year what we eaked out.  This year we have a strong core solved the running back question for the most part and a strong defense.  We worked on items in the spring and summer we should do better.  It comes down to how well Grothe handles pressure and do we get some step up play from key players.  

The defense will be strong and offense has and continues to improve.  Some of the tough games are at home so we have the crowd advantage.  I do see one loss to a stupied opponnet and one big win over a highly ranked opponnet.  I think though we will end up 9-3 over all and win the bowl and tally a 10-3 season record.

• Content Count:  7,890

I'll say it so Smazza doesnt

USF will allways be a dissapointment untill they open practices to the public and start to play USC and UCLA  ;)

Archived