• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

CFN Prediction: 7-5... USF = BE's Biggest Dissappointment

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

Pulpit? Very worst only 7-5?

Ask teams like Tennessee (2005 started the season ranked 3rd) how bad things can get. Or K-State in 2004. Not to be ants at a picnic, but USF is far from being able to say we're 7-5 at worst.

I agree, I don't get the UConn loss, and I just don't see UNC improving that much under Butch Davis this year. They have a lot of talent, but it is very young. I also don't see Cuse standing a chance I see us as 8-4/9-3. Losses to a combo of Rutgers, Louisville, WVU, Pitt, Auburn, and UCF.

However, even without key injuries (knock on wood) 7-5 at worst is wearing the green and gold goggles.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL........

I see us blowing out UCF easily.  It could be a 14-17 point game, but I don't see it any closer than 14.  We blew them off the field at home 2 years ago with a worse team.  This is the same team that lost to a bad Pitt team 52-7, (the same Pitt team we dominated by the way).  Sure last year was close, but I just don't see it this year, if we play up to potential.  A top 30 team doesn't lose to UCF at home even if they are so called "rivals".  Blow out - mark it down.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Add Cincy to that list too.

I cannot rule out UCF simply because that game was so close last year. I can definitly see us kicking them out the stadium, but we certainly cannot take them forgranted.

What do you think of the O-line this year?

I dunno...It's my biggest question mark. The good news is that we do have a very mobile QB who was able to avoid the rush. That being said we still gave up over 25 sacks last year against a schedule that wasn't exactly booming wth defensive threats.

Hopefully the existence of at LEAST a feasible running game is able to take some pressure of the front.

• Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

I cannot rule out UCF simply because that game was so close last year. I can definitly see us kicking them out the stadium, but we certainly cannot take them forgranted.

Leavitt won't take it for granted.  He will have us playing one of the best games of the year.  Why? to stick it to UCF to show them 1) They aren't on par with us. 2) No reason for series to be continued. and 3) We are moving on, regardless of how much their coach cries and begs for a game.  We might take it for granted, but Leavitt won't because he sees the "big picture".  A close game, and UCF fans will come out of woodwork screaming "see it is a rival game, it must be continued".  Just don't see it happening (a close game).

I didn't see a close game happening last year, especially after Florida basically made them look like a playstation game before pulling the starters in the middle of the 3rd.

I think we'll win, in fact I'm pretty sure we'll win, but that game is losable.

I agree Leavitt knows that game means a lot and won't let it distract, it's the players I'm more concerned about.

• Content Count:  1,297
  • Days Won:  0

I agree with you here.  Basically we can not take any team for granted.

Giving what our team accoplished last year, and bringing most of the same team back this year....I would not bet money that we lose 5+ games this year.

Let's just hope I'm right.  :)  GO BULLS!!!!!!  First mission is to destory Elon.

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

When will it change to:

"Elon Eats It"

• Content Count:  1,297
  • Days Won:  0

When will it change to:

"Elon Eats It"

That's up to "___Eats It"  ;D

• Content Count:  7,523
  • Days Won:  10

Last year was the first time CFN was even remotely accurate on their predictions.  Regardless of what has been written by them which has appeared complementary as of late, if you go back and look at the prior years' predictions, they pretty consistently underestimated our win total by 3.

I take this as an indication that we'll be 10-2, given their track record.  ;)

• Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Last year was the first time CFN was even remotely accurate on their predictions.  Regardless of what has been written by them which has appeared complementary as of late, if you go back and look at the prior years' predictions, they pretty consistently underestimated our win total by 3.

I take this as an indication that we'll be 10-2, given their track record.   ;)

Sounds good to me!!     

Archived