• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

NCAA Football 08

Guest Sprtsfn627

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  57
  • Days Won:  0

class edit was removed for one reason: incentive to buy NCAA 2009.

there are people out their that edit all 119 teams.  with class edit it's possible to edit the rosters every year and theoretically never buy a new NCAA, just update rosters every year.  with the ability to distribute game saves via the internet or memory cards EA seems to think they may lose sales by people updating rosters annually and distrubiting them.

i completely understand that fans overrate their own players and underrate other teams but some roster stuff just shows a total lack of research.  if EA can get the equipment (visors, wristbands etc..) dead on for tons of incoming freshman they certainly could figure out that grant gregory (example because he's my little brother) is and has been a white QB on USF's since july of 2006, not a black safety like he has been on the game for 2 years now (last year was understandable....although i was royally pissed at the 54 OVR rating when he was in the 2-deep).

there are a few ratings on USF that baffle me:

julian riley has played exactly zero meaningful snaps of college football and gets a 78 OVR rating.  allen cray has started **** near every game for 2 years at the same position on a top 25 defense and gets a 72?

taurus johnson.  i would put money down right now that he will play in the NFL and he only gets a 78 coming off a better season than 87 OVR amarri jackson.

tavarious robinson - EA gets a pass for making him an impact player last year but doing it again was absurd.....he didn't freakin play last year and no one was counting on him to play this year.

ben moffit- dude makes 96 tackles in 2005 and gets rewarded with a 76 OVR rating last year.  he follows that up with 112 in 2006 and get's an 82 OVR.  that's probably lower than a dozen incoming freshman.  112 tackles in a college football season is more impressive than ANYTHING you can do in high school.  i don't care what anyone says.  this season ben moffit is a better football player than jimmy claussen and noel devine.

trae williams and mike jenkins.  i've seen them mentioned as arguably the best corner tandem in the nation.  do i think they are? no.  are they both **** good, without a doubt.  there are probably 30 teams in the game with a pair of corners rated 86 or better.  trae is 85 and mike 82.....joke

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  3,827

Is there a link or post somewhere where the most up to date roster/depth chart can be found? I'd like to start mapping out my strategy of editing players asap.

• Content Count:  69

Might have to wait until Media Day which is August 7. New rosters are usually released that day.

First depth chart is usually available in the media guide, which will be made available on the 7th also.

• Content Count:  873

So anyway, I lost to UNC 21-9 and then beat WVU 28-3.  Huh?  Yeah, all I did was run the ball against WVU and averaged about 8 yards a carry.  But in the previous game against UNC I couldn't run anywhere.  Is UNC's rush defense that good?

• Content Count:  127

Yeah same here struggled with UNC with no run but ran all over WVU....

does anyone notice that the sideline players have gray pants and plain jerseys on???

• Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

Dammit, someone with PS2 send me their rosters!  I'll trade you any 2 game DVDs from last season in exchange for finished rosters with all the new players.  =)

• Content Count:  2,118

So far I'm 7-1, with the only loss coming to WVU 20-17. Kicked a 55 yard field goal to win the game. >:(

• Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

So far I'm 7-1, with the only loss coming to WVU 20-17. Kicked a 55 yard field goal to win the game. >:(

Is it just me or does it seem like every kicker you play against is automatic all the way to about 54-55yds? 

• Content Count:  5,241

I feel like every kicker except mine is automatic!

Anyone else have moses plancher turning out to be an amazing RB? He got the heisman the 2nd year of my dynasty

• Content Count:  2,118

Is it just me or does it seem like every kicker you play against is automatic all the way to about 54-55yds? 

yeah that's pretty much true. Except, the kick was wide left and it was still called good. That's why I love college football video games lol.

Archived