• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

NCAA Football 08

Guest Sprtsfn627

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  69
  • Days Won:  0

I finished my USF roster last night. Took me four hours, but it is perfect. Hometowns, hair, equipment, position switches, ratings, incoming freshman, removed players no longer on roster. Everything. And yes, I have no life.

McKenzie was a 76 overall last year at Iowa State. I'm at work or I'd post all of his attributes. He wore No. 17. I bumped him up to an 84 (his awareness and tackling rates were too low to keep him the same)

Any more questions about the roster and I'd be happy to help. I can not play this game without accurate rosters. Its a sickness.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  261

Thanks for the info. I must have the same sickness because I cant play if the rosters aren't accurate as well. Where did you rate Carlton Mitchell, Mike Jenkins, Trae Williams, Ben Moffitt, Donte Spires, and Aston Samuels? IMO Jenkins and Williams should be 87 and 88. Moffitt should be rated 87. Spires should be 78. Samuels should be 75.

I'm at work, but will post those ratings when I get home tonight. We do think very much alike though. I think I have Moffitt at 87, Williams & Jenkins are within a point of each other and I thiiiiiink I put Samuels around a 76, but I'll have to double-check.

I put in the non-qualifiers if the game called for it (Claude Davis and Charlton Sinclair are two that come to mind). If they ultimately don't qualify, I'll take 'em out.

Did you notice that the game had Grant Gregory hidden in there as a (black) safety? Could tell it was (supposed to be) him because the heights/weights matched AND his throwing power & accuracy were in the high 80's.

The class edit this year made doing the rosters a breeze ... if you want to call four hours of work a breeze. haha

• Content Count:  5,241

Im getting the game this afternoon and I'll try and "tweak" the players and their skill rankings.

• Content Count:  261

yea, I will post my ratings and we can all come to a consensus on the players' attritbutes.

• Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  1

I'm buying the completed rosters from ebay then editing them after I recieve the file...cannot play dynasty till then(i refuse to). I mail the guy my memory card and he mails it back with the rosters for 1-A and 1-AA as well as historic rosters and 4 draft classes for $4.00...better than 4 hours, IMO. I noticed holding on o-line is called more. I played practice mode and Capogna was called for holding on 5 plays.

I think the ratings are BS for USF and edit them to be realistic. some players are too slow and McKenzie isnt on the team as well as most of the incoming freshmen.

I've never paid for the rosters. But $4.00 is an awesome buy. Well worth it IMO. I've always downloaded them for free off the 'net myself. And I'll have to redo all my work on USF when I get them, but I can't play the game without the USF players named in the mean time.

I try not to change a whole lot of ratings, but if something is glaring (Severino too high, Moffitt & Jenkins too low) then it has to be addressed.

I've had the game for 36 hours and haven't even played a game yet. Funny thing is, I think I get more enjoyment out of doing the rosters than playing sometimes.

And is it just me, or has EA just quit on the historic rosters? The last time they added anything was NCAA 05. I mean Vince Young not on the All-Texas team? Or Reggie Bush not making the All-USC team? And no All-American teams since 2004? If they aren't going to update it, then just take it out.

• Content Count:  3,827

I'm glad there are people out there as sick as me.

usfcusa05, did you look at my roster problems? you REALLY need to post what you have, and help me out with who i need to create and edit. HURRY HURRY HURRY I WANT TO START MY DYNASTY

(i cant WAIT to get into recruiting. i'm a sick sick human being.)

• Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

Simulated 2007 Season Update

Game 5 Result:  USF defeats FAU, 27-21

USF Record: 3-2 (ranked #29)

Next Up: vs Central Florida (3-2)

Game Leaders - Offense:

QB - Grothe (7-12-164, 2TD, 2INT, Long 80)

WR - M. Edwards (4-138, 2TD)

RB - Plancher (15-28, 0TD)

Game Leaders - Defense:

Tackles - C. Robinson (5)

TFL - J. Riley (3)

Forced Fumbles - W. George, C. Robinson (1)

INTs - Verpaele, Gilliam, Miller (1)

Sacks - Selvie, Riley (2)

Season Leaders - Offense:

QB - Grothe (66-130-1227, 10TD, 15INT, 245YPG, Long 82)

WR - A. Jackson (22-411, 3TD)

RB - Plancher (39-85, 1TD, 17YPG)

Season Leaders - Defense:

Tackles - J. Riley (23)

TFL - J. Riley (17)

Forced Fumbles - Selvie, Moffitt (2)

INTs - Gilliam (4)

Sacks - J. Riley (6)

Archived