• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

OCS Stadium getting closer?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  2,726
  • Days Won:  0

why not?!?!?

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

This better not be true. I need a few more years before I can front the $200 million. NOBODY is allowed to beat me to the punch!!! I WILL NAME THE BATHROOMS AFTER MAT RATNER.

• Content Count:  2,726

UCF's initial stadium capacity will be 45,000, which is larger than 1/2 of the Big East Conference Member Stadiums - Louisville, Connecticut, Cincinnati and Rutgers.

Yea, but teams like Louisville, Cincy and Rutgers WIN GAMES!!!

Also, all of those schools you named ALSO have plans for expansion.  But they have large fan bases and(once again) WIN GAMES!  You will keep the same erector set for years and wonder why its never sold out...then still try and talk about "expansion".

This isnt Field of Dreams...the correct quote is.  "If you Win, they will come."

Sorry Brad...had to reply to this crap.

GO BULLS!!!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

What's wrong with playing in one of the best NFL stadiums?

Not a thing .... Some people just don't have a firm grip on reality.

And some enjoy compaining.  :P

We wouldn't have the attendance or donations with season tix we do now if it wasn't for RayJay.

• Content Count:  4,139
  • Days Won:  1

I am all for an OCS but not right now.  I'd rather wait a while and build up the fan base and the $$ to build a nice one.  Not a $hithole that UCF is building that only holds 40,000 people.  We do something like that now then we would be cutting off our yearly increasing number of fans coming to the games.  Lets wait till we have a consistant 50/60,000+ fans at Ray Jay every week and then build an OCS that will hold everyone.

Amen. We really don't know how good we got it at RayJ...  Granted, I'm a little pissed that we get no kind of permanant props in the place (BULLS logos on walls or painted fields most the time), but it IS the best **** college football venu that I've ever been to. (well maybe Charlotte)

• Content Count:  7,890

I am all for an OCS but not right now.  I'd rather wait a while and build up the fan base and the $$ to build a nice one.  UCF is building that only holds 40,000 people.  

UCF's initial stadium capacity will be 45,000, which is larger than 1/2 of the Big East Conference Member Stadiums - Louisville, Connecticut, Cincinnati and Rutgers.

Also, UCF's stadium is already planned and designed to expand to 65,000.

not so fast my friend Lville stadium is only 300 short of UCF 45000 and they are expainding

Fans are treated to a one-of-a-kind feature in PJCS with all 42,000 seats being of the chairback variety.

http://uoflsports.cstv.com/facilities/lou-facilities-papajohns-cardinal-stadium.html

The Expansion of Papa John's Cardinal Stadium will add 2,400 new seats to the current grandstands of Papa John's Stadium. The upper deck will feature 16,000 new chairback seats for maximum comfort and a great view of the game. This expansion project will allow many more UofL fans to see the game live and in person!

http://www.papajohnscardinalstadiumexpansion.com/pages/seasonTickets.html#

• Content Count:  6,472
  • Days Won:  35

Back out the USF game in which WE inflated your attendance numbers and we outdrew you guys. Thanks for playing.

Good point, but we could say the same thing about you guys in 05 and this year.  FSU doesnt back out Duke basketball home games, and that is not the way attendance numbers work.

That is fine, back out the USF-UCF attendance numbers in '05 and we still outdrew you guys by like 7,000 to 10,000 per game. Again, thanks for playing. Brad, show him his parting gift.

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

I could care less about chairbacks, and I know (and hope) it gets to the point where one day many of our sections (like most major BCS schools) are standing the majority of the game.

That being said there should be some between the 30s for the alumni who wish to pay for them, because not everyone shares my view. However, a full stadium of chairbacks for big time college football can be superfluous.

• Content Count:  21,365
  • Days Won:  10

OCS means no beer sales during the game.  I can't believe people would want that.

• Content Count:  2,277

I am all for an OCS but not right now.  I'd rather wait a while and build up the fan base and the $$ to build a nice one.  UCF is building that only holds 40,000 people.  

Also, UCF's stadium is already planned and designed to expand to 65,000.

Limiting a stadium at 45k for a team who is trying to grow and increase their fan base and supporters doesn't make any sense.  It will be sold out for the first game with no where to go from there (not saying that the other games will be sold out).  But what happens when/if? you start winning some games and more than 45k people want to come watch the games?  Talk about stunting your growth!!

Louisville's stadium is expandable to 80k and will be expanded to 63k in the next couple years (by 2009).  Also, every seat is like Ray Jay's seats with plastic seats and backs.

Rutgers is expanding their stadium to over 50k for the 2008 season.

Archived