• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

OCS Stadium getting closer?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,991
  • Days Won:  0

Rushing the field with no tasers, enough said!!

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  2,277

I am all for an OCS but not right now.  I'd rather wait a while and build up the fan base and the $$ to build a nice one.  Not a $hithole that UCF is building that only holds 40,000 people.  We do something like that now then we would be cutting off our yearly increasing number of fans coming to the games.  Lets wait till we have a consistant 50/60,000+ fans at Ray Jay every week and then build an OCS that will hold everyone.

• Content Count:  624

What's wrong with playing in one of the best NFL stadiums?  If I played I would rather play where the pros play than in some OCS.  

Hmmm....I dont know, maybe the fact it would nice to have our OWN stadium that would be painted BULLS colors every saturday regardless of whether the stupid Bucs are playing the next day or not.

• Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

What's wrong with playing in one of the best NFL stadiums?  

Its not the stadium...its the atmosphere.  RJS IS one of the best in the NFL.

Lets not get into it...

But an OCS WOULD IMPROVE campus feel and atmosphere.  In Time...

For now...we'll continue to WIN in RayJay

I'm very pro OCS, but Trip did a good job of talking me out of the atmosphere argument.

The aura of walking into your own stadium on a gameday will be hard to recreate in RJS.

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Content Count:  2,276

Am hearing some things about the USF Alum that was rumored in buying the Dolphins that he may want his name on the new BULL OCS.

Granted we are still a few years away, but I think some big alums are coming.

Go BULLS !!! :GoBulls

Hopefully this is just a false rumor and USF can continue to play for generations off campus.

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Content Count:  2,276

I am all for an OCS but not right now.  I'd rather wait a while and build up the fan base and the $$ to build a nice one.  UCF is building that only holds 40,000 people.  

UCF's initial stadium capacity will be 45,000, which is larger than 1/2 of the Big East Conference Member Stadiums - Louisville, Connecticut, Cincinnati and Rutgers.

Also, UCF's stadium is already planned and designed to expand to 65,000.

• Content Count:  12,293

why would they already be playing to expand when they don't even have grass on the field yet?

sounds a little  ::)  to me.

spin away knights.  your stadium maybe On Campus...but 10 years from now...it will still be junk.

by the way...naming our stadium "bull ring"  would be......[smiley=thumbdown.gif]

names like that have to be earned over time....kinda like "the big house"  or "the swamp"

you can't create a nickname for your self and you cant call a stadium a nickname right away.

it will probably be something to do with Outback steakhouse when it is that time to build one.  unless this zimmerman guy can step into the picture.

• Group:  Admin
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

Please don't entice our UCiFers to take over this post.

• Content Count:  1,532

why would they already be playing to expand when they don't even have grass on the field yet?

sounds a little  ::)  to me.

spin away knights.  your stadium maybe On Campus...[highlight]but 10 years from now...it will still be junk.[/highlight]

by the way...naming our stadium "bull ring"  would be......[smiley=thumbdown.gif]

names like that have to be earned over time....kinda like "the big house"  or "the swamp"

you can't create a nickname for your self and you cant call a stadium a nickname right away.

it will probably be something to do with Outback steakhouse when it is that time to build one.  unless this zimmerman guy can step into the picture.

10 years?

• Content Count:  1,532

Woolard and the administration have told me to my face... and many others also... that an OCS on our campus would be the best it could be.  We won't get a logo set...  we also won't get it in 5 to 10 years without major private funding so why are we still talking about it?

Archived