• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Mike ford will be our starting RB

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  6,828
  • Days Won:  22

after watching the spring game, you can see this guy will be awesome wants he gets back into complete football shape.

You could see him gaining confidence and becoming more fluid as he got more carries. He is fast and packs a punch when he meets the defense

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

• Content Count:  1,291
  • Days Won:  0

hope so!!!  the first thing is that he needs to make grades good!  if you guys see him at club, tell him to go home and study lol  just kidding.

• Content Count:  2,726

...did you see him push a defender away and off of him.  What a crazy stiff arm that was.  This guy could be fireworks folks!

• Content Count:  385

He's got a lot of work to do.  He looked great on that drive, but the rest of the time, he was just okay and okay wasn't good enough to knock Cannon and Samuels out of the way

• Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

Cannon was the best RB tonight.  Hopefully, somebody can beat him out...........

• Content Count:  59

Ford = Next Andre and then some...

• Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

He signed my ticket stub!!!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  74,632
  • Days Won:  424

Cannon was the best RB tonight.  Hopefully, somebody can beat him out...........

I missed most of the first quarter but what did Cannon do that was so special? It seemed that he got the most carries but don't know if that's true. He really didn't jump out at me .... although, to be honest, I know that was Bulls football but **** it was hard to watch. The only excitement seemed to be when Ford touched the ball.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  163

I thought several backs played well tonight--- ran hard, ran smart.

Ponton deserves some credit even though his best run was thwarted by a penalty. He is still a serviceable back.

Mike Ford was impressive. The other guys like Cannon (fire the cannon!) and Pease (give Pease a chance) along with Aston Samuels and Ben Williams-- all had some good efforts. Even Rafael Bennet played well.

But let's put this game into a little perspective. The defense was playing lights out on both side for most of the night. Granted the touch rule was stifling to Grothe normal style game-- but all in all-- the D held their ground.

It is boring football though. It's a Spring game and while it is anticipated by so many, it rarely ever makes us ooh and ahh. I always try to watch the new guys to see how they play-- do they hustle, are they learning, do they show promise.

It's hard not to see what Ford brings tothe table-- he's a brute. And McKenzie was impressive-- along with many others -- on defense.

I think we are heading in the right direction. Just trust in Jim-- how often do we need to say that>?

Archived