• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  961
  • Content Count:  9,759
  • Days Won:  9

I heard Rob Stone say its a real possibility on Rock Reilly's show a few months back.  I find it hard to believe after the whole Mutiny experiment, but they didn't bring that US Soccer game to town for nothing.  There is a reason they do things like that, when the game could have easily been played in Boston, Columbus, or San Jose.........

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  928
  • Days Won:  0

If Real Madrid or Man U came to Tampa to play against.... well, anyone.... I'm pretty sure they would sell out too.

Doubt it. I'll be there wearing my Madrid scarf, I might even buy a Robinho jersey.

Interesting blog though, I know that I would rather watch most soccer games over an NHL game but that's only because I didn't grow up in a hockey area. BUT they hockey fans I knew of like soccer too. They kind of belonged to the same counter culture.

If Man U came to town it most definitely would sell out.  Its the most prolific sports franchise in the world, bar none.  Think of it like the Yankees times about 100.  Most in the stands might not be from the US, but it would certainly sell out quickly.

• Topic Count:  226
  • Content Count:  3,574
  • Days Won:  0

I would maybe give it another 3 years before MLS returns to FL (after the world cup).

I went to the very first Miami Fusion game.

If I remember correctly, they lost 2-0 to DC United.  I also remember that there were some DC fans that came down.

I have a friend that goes to the MLS finals every year.  He has done it since year one.  Kind of like a boys weekend with soccer.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

I heard Rob Stone say its a real possibility on Rock Reilly's show a few months back.  I find it hard to believe after the whole Mutiny experiment, but they didn't bring that US Soccer game to town for nothing.  There is a reason they do things like that, when the game could have easily been played in Boston, Columbus, or San Jose.........

I dunno, they gave it 2 extra years than they really wanted to. I just think the whole Tampa/MLS expirament is done for a good amount of time.

• Topic Count:  502
  • Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

Looking at the average attendance for the many different clubs (albeit off of wikipedia)... the Mutiny attendance is not any worse or better than other clubs.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

mls soccer is boring, only time i ever watch is when the world cup is on

IF you get fox soccer channel on your cable/satellite provider check out some of the Barclay's English Premier Leagues Games or some of the the Italian serie A games they are just as entertaining if not better than world cup play when its comes to watchability.  

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Looking at the average attendance for the many different clubs (albeit off of wikipedia)... the Mutiny attendance is not any worse or better than other clubs.

They were all freebies and no shows. Some days they would be lucky to have had 1,000 actual bodies in the seats. I believe the team was losing the most money in the MLS and they were being run by the MLS in the end. The MLS was quick to cut them at 1st chance.