• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Andy Katz: Franschilla OUT

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Thank you!

http://insider.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?entryID=2814569&name=katz_andy

South Florida

ESPN analyst Fran Fraschilla was the choice for the Bulls after Winthrop's Gregg Marshall withdrew his name Sunday (South Alabama's John Pelphrey also pulled out). But Tuesday afternoon, Fraschilla pulled his name out. USF has one choice left from its original list -- former Virginia coach Pete Gillen. That means USF might look at former Arkansas coach Stan Heath, who has support in the Big East.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Joe,

do you think we have a legit shot at Heath? I would love to land this guy. Just what our program needs right now.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

I hope so, he seems fit. I don't think that another big school is going to be ready to just give this guy a job at the moment. (ruling out Iowa and Michigan)

If he is looking for a job immediately his best bet in a major conference is probably USF.

Nothing said about him this morning. It's been all UK and Donovan; with the occasional mention of Gillispie and Izzo.

Guest Rueben_Horowitz

That sucks...I really liked the idea of Fraschilla as HC. The man has BE experience and NY recruiting ties. I think a fiery NY dago would be the a great fit.

Come on Woolard, get Jarvis in here.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

That sucks...I really liked the idea of Fraschilla as HC. The man has BE experience and NY recruiting ties. I think a fiery NY dago would be the a great fit.

Come on Woolard, get Jarvis in here.

good thing you're not in charge of this search.

You would rather have a retread that hasn't coached in 5 years over a guy that has actually shown interest and has had 3 top 15 recruiting classes and been to the NCAA's twice in the last 5 years.

• Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  477
  • Days Won:  0

Heath would be a tremendous addition..

He says he is interested..

Guest Rueben_Horowitz

You would rather have a retread that hasn't coached in 5 years over a guy that has actually shown interest and has had 3 top 15 recruiting classes and been to the NCAA's twice in the last 5 years.

Speaking of retread....Did I say 'rather'? Could you please point out where I said I would 'rather' have Fraschilla?  ::)

Did they have the Gordon rule back when you graduated?

Cheers,

Rueben

• Topic Count:  226
  • Content Count:  3,574
  • Days Won:  0

Too bad I'm not an "insider."

I now know where Joe gets his resources (well, some of them).

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  5,881
  • Days Won:  7

thank god franschilla is out. hiring him would have been a mistake. there is a reason he is on espn and not on the sidelines.