• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

If Leavitt had a losing record...

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

And let Hermie and his gang teach you ethics and self-control.   ;D

Where is that vomit smilie?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

Bulliever... your arguement about RMC leaving our program better off is so subjective/anti-Seth.

Here's the reality of the situation... we do play in a better conference against better teams (but that had nothing to do with RMC - Seth was dealt a CUSA hand and was average in the conference at worst). We average less fans now than when Seth was here. We lose more now than when Seth was here.

We have placed more players in the pros with RMC... but that said, how come RMC can't beat the low RPI teams consistently with these great players, let alone the big name teams. We've lost to TAMCC twice, BCC once, Jerry Rice University once, and we barely beat Stetson and Grand Canyon University.

You're a fact guy... well... the facts are pretty laid out. RMC has not won... except maybe the hearts of the player's moms and dads for being so hard on their kids.

We need a balance between Seth and RMC since everyone thinks Seth ran a renegade program. RMC is like Eddie Haskell around Mrs. Cleaver. Our hoops team is pathetic and needs a shock to treatment to be revived.

• Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  2,511
  • Days Won:  0

Leavitt destroying a football program does not compare to McCullum inheriting a destroyed Basketball program (in the best conference in the land no doubt).  Maybe the Jim plays football in the SEC and then we can run him after 4 years?

Wrong, wrong, wrong.  How was the program "destroyed"?  Were Leather, Swift, Bryant, and Baxter (all Seth guys) lousy players?  Baxter saw the writing on the wall, read his crystal ball, and decided to run track instead.  The guy was an athlete.

CUSA was not a bottom feeder league.  It only became an also ran conference after the BE to ACC defections which triggered the CUSA to BE & A10 defections.  CUSA was built for basketball, that was the whole point of the Metro-Great Midwest merger.

Give proof how the program was "destroyed" when Seth left.  Ok the program sucked in his last year, but he did go to the NIT's in his previous years.  So Seth sucked for his last year.  By that standard, RMC took a "destroyed" program, and then nuked it into ashes.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

looking at all the objective facts(as i often do)

seth did a better job at usf than rmc without a doubt

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

Destroyed in the sense that the program was already on the downturn compared to football which is on the upturn.

Destroyed as in little left on the shelf that had shelf life (players), already waning attendance, no successful tradition of basketball, conference tournament futility, post season non-participant most years...

It's not all Seth's fault Sheriff, in fact, very little is.  But they were boycotting him and that didn't help with the image of the program either.

Guest 1Bullsfan

I admit I am one of the "newbies" and I am NOT Ari or one of his "students". I just heard about this site, and decided to contribute. I think it is great that there are this many PASSIONATE USF fans, as I am one of them. If you really want to check out my history of supporting the team, check out when football was playing Division I-AA nobodys, and I still had my face painted and worn my horns with pride! As for basketball, my friends and I were there behind the backboard with all our shenanigans making fellow fans, players, opposition,  etc. laugh at our antics. So, in short, just because I don't have any avatars/cool USF images under/around my name, doesn't mean I am less of a USF fan.

You gotta Bullieve!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,640
  • Days Won:  424

Were Leather, Swift, Bryant, and Baxter (all Seth guys) lousy players?  

No they weren't ... and Mac was able to beat three top 25 teams and go to the CUSA semis for the first time ever with them. Do you think he's forgotten how to coach since then? Has he forgotten how to coach since he took his WMU team on the road to beat Michigan and then go to Auburn and blow out a Sweet 16 team by 18 points? If he has the players he should be able to be more than competitive in the BE. That's been his problem up to this point, having the players. He's got his best team yet coming back next year... but it may be too late for him, though.

• Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  1

how long has it been since the team had a full compliment of players? and Does Coach Mac get a break because of that?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,492
  • Days Won:  13

how long has it been since the team had a full compliment of players? and Does Coach Mac get a break because of that?

part of the reason he didn't have a full roster was because he ran kids off. Yes he has had some bad luck with injuries. It happens everywhere. Enough is enough. Woolard's final say should be coming soon. It will be interesting to find out if we are willing to do what it takes to win. Or are we just a Walmart Athletic department.

Guest 1Bullsfan

Simply, if RMC stays, then EVERY USF coach deserves a pass! USF is allowing lower than mediocrity. They let Logan Fleck find another opportunity, and he probably had equivalent less than RMC.