• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

If Leavitt had a losing record...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  261
  • Days Won:  0

Yea he turned WMU around, just like Seton Hall was turned around by Amaker and so on.... what he did at WMU was great, but it means nothing for USF at this time. This is about our program. We need to have standards and some of you just need to stop apologizing for this guy. He was brought in for a purpose and has not met the expectations.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,640
  • Days Won:  424

We need to have standards

Just exactly what kind of "standards" are you refering to?

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  4,642

If Leavitt had a losing record...

...then we'd call him O'Liar!   ;D

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  35

RMC is 0 for the big east on the road so far.  He has had plenty of chances to earn respect and keep his job.  And he couldn't get it done!  He should be replaced.  I think they would give Leavitt another chance if he had A losing season, but you can't make it a habit and you can't be out of the big east race before it even starts.

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1,911

If Coach K came here and did not win in four years, would you fire hime?  Or would you note the circumstance and determine whether the program was on the right path/making progress/etc.

Noone has a personal vendetta with Robert mccullum.  For myself I have been to most of the home games since his tenure here and I have seen plenty of evidence, bad basketball and losing to know what his job status should be and i didnt evn have to wait until the end of last season to notice that.  If Coach K was on those sidelines the last 4 years, with that record and that lack of competitiveness, you absolutely fire him.  If jim Leavitt lost 4 years in a row, you pony up the cash and fire him.  I think 4 years of losing  is plenty of time to assess that things arent going well. (btw he lost in CUSA and the BE, so he wasnt prepared for either conference)

If jim Leavitt had the same coaching skills as mac we would lose to UCF every year.  Wonder how may of our fans would say keep him then.  

I still dont think USF fans realize the Big east is a BASKETBALL conference, not a football one (the big Least in football).  i didnt make that up

Sorry gotta go its 7pm, the Big East basketball conference on on ESPN.  Turn it on.  THAT COULD BE US!!! IMAGINE THAT!

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

a football coach shouldnt have 2 losing seasons at usf

the schedule is easy

the talent is plentiful

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

oh boy...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,640
  • Days Won:  424

RMC is 0 for the big east on the road so far.  He has had plenty of chances to earn respect and keep his job.  And he couldn't get it done!  He should be replaced.  I think they would give Leavitt another chance if he had A losing season, but you can't make it a habit and you can't be out of the big east race before it even starts.

There seems to be an awful lot of posters with single digit number counts spewing the same old tired rhetoric ....  ::)

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

There seems to be an awful lot of posters with single digit number counts spewing the same old tired rhetoric ....  ::)

LOL...

Haven't had time to sort them out yet...

1)  Ari

2)  Ari disciples

3)  Flotsam from Brett's blog

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1,911

They remind me of a younger Herman Momart, when I only had a few posts.  A hurt and disappointed bulls fan looking for any outlet or some source of medium to show their dissatisfaction of the debacle that has become usf basketball.  Preach on my friend, dont let the BULLies chase you away from the site.   Let them know what the students and fans REALLY think about our coach and program.