• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

We should have gone after Huggins when we had the

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  160
  • Content Count:  1,378
  • Days Won:  1

We are in the exact same position as last year, but who is available for us to hire if Mac is fired.  No big names to jump start the program like huggins could have done.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

We are in the exact same position as last year, but who is available for us to hire if Mac is fired.  No big names to jump start the program like huggins could have done.

You should have come up with the $600k to buy out RMC and the extra $900k in salary plus all the additional funding he would have required last year. I'm sure Woolard would have listened to you.

• Topic Count:  479
  • Content Count:  1,991
  • Days Won:  0

He maybe would have listened but nothing would have been done, Judy G is friends with the Cincy prez who we all know did not care of Huggy Bear, therefore I dont ever see how he would have come here, regardless of available funds.

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016

Not to mention it was merely a rumor started by Huggy's agent.  He wasn't interested in this job per se, but more on the pub to get his name circulating.

As for the same as last year.

2006-07                   2005-06

12 wins                        7 wins- this year is better

1 conference win          3 conference wins- this year is better

9 returning players      7 returning players- this year is better

1 ranked win               1 ranked win- equal

We're better the question of how much and is it enough is the million dollar question Woolard will be answering shortly.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,652
  • Days Won:  424

Jim Harrick, Jr & Sr, are still out there.

Guest 1Bullsfan

Jim Harrick Sr & Jr? I don't think so...we don't need coaches to pass their own tests! =) As for Huggy Bear, he is a quick fix, but costly. USF prides itself on academics with sports, and Huggy doesn't fit that bill. On a different post, I said I would Steve Lavin former UCLA coach and now broadcaster. Another possible candidate might be the coach at Texas A&M...he's young and proven. The BE could be enough of a lure away from the Big 12.

• Topic Count:  226
  • Content Count:  3,574

Not to mention it was merely a rumor started by Huggy's agent.  He wasn't interested in this job per se, but more on the pub to get his name circulating.

As for the same as last year.

2006-07                   2005-06

12 wins                        7 wins- this year is better

1 conference win          3 conference wins- this year is better

9 returning players      7 returning players- this year is better

1 ranked win               1 ranked win- equal

We're better the question of how much and is it enough is the million dollar question Woolard will be answering shortly.

You have the conference wins backwards.

Guest Rueben_Horowitz
USF prides itself on academics with sports, and Huggy doesn't fit that bill.

Not that I disagree, but where is the evidence of that? I think you would be surprised if you compared Huggy's graduation rate to CRM's.

Show me a person that cares about Grothe's grades (immediate family excluded) and I'll show you a liar.

Rueb

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  3,103

USF prides itself on academics with sports, and Huggy doesn't fit that bill.

Not that I disagree, but where is the evidence of that? I think you would be surprised if you compared Huggy's graduation rate to CRM's.

Show me a person that cares about Grothe's grades (immediate family excluded) and I'll show you a liar.

Rueb

please tell me your joking??? huggy had the worst graduation rate while at cincy.  just about all of crm's players have graduated, he makes them to go class, otherwise they won't play.  and Leavitt cares about grades as well, hence why we have had players not play due to grades, there was one big one this off-season with Leavitt a senior who was in risk of being given a redshirt year due to grades.  so usf does care about the grades of its athletes, huggins does not.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,652
  • Days Won:  424

Jim Harrick Sr & Jr? I don't think so...we don't need coaches to pass their own tests! =) As for Huggy Bear, he is a quick fix, but costly. USF prides itself on academics with sports, and Huggy doesn't fit that bill.

And Huggy likes to liberally use transfers. That would NEVER go over with some in here

On a different post, I said I would Steve Lavin former UCLA coach and now broadcaster.

How long as Lavin been away from coaching and why hasen't he landed somewhere else?

Another possible candidate might be the coach at Texas A&M...he's young and proven. The BE could be enough of a lure away from the Big 12.

I believe somone in here mentioned that A&M has poured a lot of money into the hoops program lately. Unless theirm current coach has some kind of roots in the BE, I doubt he would be enamored with our situation.