• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

HELP ME! Need professional opinions ASAP by 10 AM!

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276
  • Days Won:  0

Either way... I will make a lot of money.

Wrong.

One option opens you up to collateral, law suits, liabilities, etc...

No guarantee that you will make "money" as you say in this possible new venture.

Don't be so blinded by an offer.

As they say, the Devil is in the details...(something which many private owners do not like to disclose).

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

Terry, you need to know what the balance sheet of the other company is.  Specifically, what does their capital structure look like, is the company leveraged as most startups are?  How much debt are they carrying?

If you don't have those answers, DO NOT TAKE THE BUYIN.  You don't know what you're getting into, and that leads to serious problems.

As far as the company you are working for offering you more to stay, that is the way things work.  Don't be putoff by the fact that they waited to offer more, that's just how the world of business works.  You could definitely try to work the number higher, but it sounds like they've made you a reasonable offer that should be acceptable even if they won't go higher.

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

Two minutes until I get greedy... Greed is good. Let's see where this goes...

Give me luck... either way, I'll find a way to land on my feet.

Well... I caved in and said not a dime less than $65K on the salary side or I'll walk. He offered me incentives, but the incentives would be based on how much volume others did as well as myself. I was like hell no! I want upfront money. It would have been nice asking for $75K, but I figured I'd be honest and make it realistic. Now, its wait and see...

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

Just curiuos, I didn't read all three pages, but did you put hard numbers on paper.

Where you are now vs. where you hope to be?

You've got the income part pretty well figured out, for today. What about the housing markets? The cost of moving? The potential income IN those housing markets in five years?The difference between staying and going,

how long before you recoup just the change?

I think you have a lot of research to do before your final answer.

GOOD LUCK!

GO BULLS!

• Topic Count:  134
  • Content Count:  1,158

30 mins away...

I'm countering with a $75K salary... a signed contract on when the branch will be open and on what percentage I will receive from total branch profits as the branch continues to grow. I'm with a good company... I am not risk adverse... I realize the struggles of going off on my own. Either way... I will make a lot of money. This will be a $95K raise if my company agrees. That is pretty agressive on my part... but I work my ass off and would like to buy my mom the Pearl Escalade she has always dreamed about and get baseline seats for my dad to the Washington Nationals instead of the nose bleeds I currently have him in! I'd also like to give some loot to the football and softball programs! Let's get paid today is what I'm thinking!

Don't forget about that nice donation to the USF Bulls Club you always wanted to do as well! ;D

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501

Trust me, the old expression of "You get to eat what you kill" is so true.  Forget all the guarentee money, incentives are the key.  When the company makes money you make alot and when it isn't they aren't looking at that fixed overhead,big ass salary you are pulling down and figuring out how to get rid of it.  Plus when the company makes alot so do you and everyone is happy.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

Sure it will work out ... let us know.

And being in Ft. Myers clsoe to your BULLS is a PLUS as Velcro mentioned ...

AND definately don't 4get to make a nice TAX DEDUCTIBLE Gift to USF  8-)

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  111
  • Content Count:  2,527

Terry,

You know South Fl is where you REALLY want to be.  Taking a loss on the sale of your house is tough, but if you can do it, you will make up for it later.  The market is a little soft here as well (you will be buying a house here for less than the seller paid a year ago,) so it's kind of a wash.  Once the market takes off again, your home in Florida will be worth much more, both in money and in being where you REALLY want to be.....

in    S-O-U-T-H   F-L-O-R-I-D-A !!!!!!

Amazing what can happen in a 24-hour period... My company rescinded their salary and commission bump offer the following day on my counter proposal, stating the branch in the East Valley of Phoenix was generous enough. They said none of their other appraisers received such a generous offer (Don't they think before they speak).  I wanted a branch in Ft. Myers in the first place to be closer to USF. Plain and simple. So... what was the point of just taking a 2nd Phoenix branch.

I immediately stated that was unacceptable and declined the offer. Some other unfortunate incidents gave me the indication that they could just as well cut your legs out from under you at any point in time. Gotta love the corporate security!

I accepted the other firm's offer and will be a partner as of April 1, 2007.

Yesterday evening, my boss called me and stated upper management would make my March 19th resignation effective today as I declined their offer on the Phoenix branch. Welcome to the world of the unemployed!

The best part about the situation is my boss and I are still close friends (but we eventually will be competition).

The cons... I'm stuck in Phoenix until the firm I'll be a partner in is able to succeed on its own.

The future... One day I'll make it back to the sunny Gulf coast.

I have my work cut out for me... but I work hard and learn fast! Hopefully some chips will fall in place for me and the $200K money I want will be here sooner than later.

I appreciate everyone's insight!

Word to the wise: Don't drink and drive and Go Bulls!