• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Let the off-season for football begin (AHHHHH!)

Guest JulmisteForPrez

I agree with you guys who say this hurts only in the sense that he had talent & potential.

Julmiste should have been much more of a force than he ever actually was.  Didn't seem to be a terribly hard worker.

Give me a George Selvie any day over Josh Julmiste!

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  642
  • Days Won:  0

The kid has a lot of talent and he has allowed that to get in the way of what is important.

He has basically craped on his coaches, his teammates, USF & worst of all...himself.

He had his chances, he deserved what was coming to him. If you defend this kid, PUT DOWN THE JOINT!

• Topic Count:  646
  • Content Count:  7,890

it must have been drugs >:( sad that some kid will let the chronic get in the way of football

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501

To bad,  I remember earlier this year CJL said that Julmiste could really be something special if "he just gets it".  Obviously he didn't get it.  I bet Pat is embarressed.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

...  I hope he enjoys flipping burgers...

Well, hopefully he stays with college and has a good life.

Guest JulmisteForPrez
...  I hope he enjoys flipping burgers...

Well, hopefully he stays with college and has a good life.

You would hope so, but his track record makes that a long shot.

• Topic Count:  166
  • Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

Selvie > Julmiste

• Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  1,757

This hurts no matter what.  This kid has Simeon Rice like potential.  I won't speculate on what got him kicked off, but you know he was walking a thin line after sitting half of last season.  

On the silver lining (if there is one) it's better to happen now than during the summer.  That and we know that Leavitt has a threshold he will not tolerate people crossing.  The same cannot be said for many other BCS schools (esp the one in Tallahassee).  

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

twilly,

I agree with what your saying about the discipline, Leavitt is very tough on his players, but be fair. This was strike 3 for Julmiste, other schools (including the one in Tallahassee) have kicked plenty of kids off their team.

FSU kicked off Kenny O'Neal last summer, he was their fastest player and penciled in to start at CB after the spring game. Marcus Thomas, their best dlineman, was kicked off of UF in the middle of their National Chmapionship run.

I think strike three at MOST institutions would lead to dismissal

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016

This hurts no matter what.  This kid has Simeon Rice like potential.  I won't speculate on what got him kicked off, but you know he was walking a thin line after sitting half of last season.  

On the silver lining (if there is one) it's better to happen now than during the summer.  That and we know that Leavitt has a threshold he will not tolerate people crossing.  The same cannot be said for many other BCS schools (esp the one in Tallahassee).  

Waaaa?  Simeon Rice?  And Joe you agree?  Guys don't go off the deep end here, Simeon Rice had something like 48 sacks and 79 Tackles for loss in his YEAR COLLEGE CAREER!!! Do the  math!  I'd love to compare Josh Julmiste to Simeon but he couldn't carry Simeon's jock strap.  Simeon Rice was possibly one of the best college rush ends I've ever seen in college.

When Josh returned from his suspension he had ballooned to 280lbs, and the staff played him almost more inside then they did at end.  Josh had loads of potential and his return did help us for more reasons then just his production but he was a good athlete and made some plays.  Unfortunately he was never able to give us everything and he was entering his fourth year at USF.  Now Selvie's stats are impressive and is more of a Rice type.

His loss will be felt in the early going this spring but others will need to step up.  It's better Josh let's us down now, so we can have all spring to replace, then waiting for another eventful summer from him.