• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Meet Your 2007-2008 Men's BBall Coach

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,639
  • Days Won:  424

Hasn't Melvyn been around for the whole ride?   :-?

I think he meant Gransberry .... although, as a passionate "fan", you would have thought he'd have known the status of one of our top 2006 recruits, too, so I'm not sure.   ;)

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

Certainly Gransberry has made an impact...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  433
  • Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  1

some of you guys are being hypocritical...

just as it was unfair to talk about sacking CRM in the middle of the year, it is unfair and much too early to talk about giving CRM an extension.

Let's see how he finishes the year before committing another 4 years to a coach that has yet to do anything in conference play.

I am sure that Woolard will be make a fair and just decision and I'll support the administration.

However, one win doesn't wipe out 4 years of losing.

He needs to finish strong AND find a couple bigmen ready to contribute next year.

• Topic Count:  433
  • Content Count:  2,657

Certainly Gransberry has made an impact...

Huge impact, but we need to recruit the next Gransberry this year.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

I may be wrong, but i think most of the "extension talk" revolves around a trip to MSG, not a win over ND.  Me, I am not sure where I stand other than in the line that says I want to see more BE wins and continued competitiveness in EVERY game.

Guest Ari_Hinkelberger

Nah -- Nah..

Richardson hasn't really been playing much until late.  I don't remember him playing much earlier on.

In fact -- I think he was hurt.

All we had was Boozeman, Capko, Mattis, Saka, Buckley

If he played it was very very sparse.

Gransberry has been a huge plus.

And i guess I can stand the fair weather fan critque... but this guy is coming back next year unless we lose every game going out.

Its a done deal.

He should have beat the #15 team in the country.  He outplayed the #19 (espn) #21 AP team in the country.

The team has looked much improved since everyone became healthy.  I would be shocked if he didn't recieve an extension at this point.

The only thing preventing it is a total collapse.

• Topic Count:  166
  • Content Count:  9,038

lol nice

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,639
  • Days Won:  424

you need to win on the road in conference play

8-8 would have gotten you in the upper half of the conference last year.

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

Holmes will have to pick up where Mattis and Buckely will leave off this year. If not, we'll have our work cut out.

Good nucleus with Gransberry, Howard, Bozeman, and the rest. Need help at the post. If he gets help we'll continue to improve. Kentrell is all star material and we've got a few with that potential.

Go Bulls!

If Mac stays the HCC center/pf will sign, and he's sort of a clone of Mattis but taller at 6-8.  No expect Holmes and Curry to pick up where Buckley left off.

Next year, presuming we get the HCC center to sign this team has even more potential.  Aaron Holmes and Dante Curry are super-stars more prolific scorers then Buckley partially because both can jump out of the gym, and penetrate to go with excellent shooting touches.

Two positives for next year that I've seen the past three games.  Amu Saaka has stepped up his game, really getting more physical and assertive on the offensive end.  Howard improves almost every minute he's on the court.  Next year you can see Howard as being the type of PG that gives you 12ppg, and 9apg....a true floor general.

I am not saying Mac stays or goes but if we win 3-4 games down the stretch and compete throughout that's a strong statement.  Grab that HCC center, with Curry, Holmes, and Jones this team has the potential to be very deadly next year.