• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

CRM Haters, get real!  Show some class!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  959
  • Days Won:  0

Mac does a very solid job getting his team ready to compete.  I'm not sure what the expecatations are?  Are they to win the BE and the BE tournament, and go to the final 4?  If they are why are the haters not validictorian(s) of USF?  If you are not #1 in your graduating class you are a failure and should attend a community college in your home town.  That seems to be the mentality when it comes to men's hoops at USF.  I'm shocked your not calling for Leavitt's head.  The football team hasn't finished better than 4th place in the BE, so why not get rid of Leavitt also?

Get real, support the team and show some class.

Mac has done a very good job in his tenure and the team is getting better with each game.  How about some support instead of constant ridicule?

A VERY GOOD JOB ?? :wtfHow about an NCAA tourney appearance sometime within the next 15 years. It is about wins and losses . Ask Cardieri........

The students should show up no matter what. Alumni are not giving up family time to watch them get there heads kicked in. Not the case today.  A buddy called after the game and sounded like he was going to throw up.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,816
  • Days Won:  22

Howard has only been back for 6 games from big injury. Right now he is not a big scorer but as a PG

He is avg 6+ assists per game which would make him #1 in Big east. His Assist to Turnover ratio is 2.0 thats also among the top 5 in Big East.

Today he had 9 assists and 5 turnovers. I think the offense has performed better with him in game, while he might not have his quickness or shooting touch yet. He is our best PG by far.

• Topic Count:  584
  • Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

Mac was throwing Chris Howard under the bus saying he is going to take the grunt of the blame for this loss.

I assume you meant "brunt" of the blame and in most cases, you would have been right... but not here. He didn't take into consideration some of our clown fans who would blame him for drawing up a play where Chris throws the ball to an opposing player..... an opposing player who was 2nd in the nation in steals.

You don't even have to watch the game, you just have to ask did the basketball team win or loose... either way it is the head coach's fault.  It doesn't matter how many bad calls the officials made, or how many free throws the team missed, etc etc.  The job description of the head coach includes taking full responsibility

I did not see the quote, but if RMC did blame Howard for the loss publicly he should be fired today.  I know there are a few college coaches who will blame players publicly (see Steve Spurrier) but it is indefensible (see above comment regarding coaches’ job description).  If the coach wants to yell at a player or make him perform extra drills that is fine, but I cannot think of a legitimate reason for a coach to publicly criticize his players.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,589
  • Days Won:  424

Trip thanks so much for looking up that guy was #2 in the nation in steals.

TJ mentioned it on the postgame...

Trip were you there? I mean he threw the ball right to Buck.

I left to beat the rush when we got up by 5 late...

not howards fault.

Just a good defensive play, then...

• Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  1,479

Mac was throwing Chris Howard under the bus saying he is going to take the grunt of the blame for this loss.

I assume you meant "brunt" of the blame and in most cases, you would have been right... but not here. He didn't take into consideration some of our clown fans who would blame him for drawing up a play where Chris throws the ball to an opposing player..... an opposing player who was 2nd in the nation in steals.

You don't even have to watch the game, you just have to ask did the basketball team win or loose... either way it is the head coach's fault.  It doesn't matter how many bad calls the officials made, or how many free throws the team missed, etc etc.  The job description of the head coach includes taking full responsibility

I did not see the quote, but if RMC did blame Howard for the loss publicly he should be fired today.  I know there are a few college coaches who will blame players publicly (see Steve Spurrier) but it is indefensible (see above comment regarding coaches’ job description).  If the coach wants to yell at a player or make him perform extra drills that is fine, but I cannot think of a legitimate reason for a coach to publicly criticize his players.

I'm guessing it was meant that "Chris is going to take a lot of the blame" as in, if this was any other sport at USF there would be 20 threads trashing the player or a story in the paper about him. I'm guessing it was meant to deflect it off of Howard. Look who originally said, and you can guess the whole quote probably was not given.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,589
  • Days Won:  424

Before this gets out of hand, he DID NOT blame Howard for the loss. he specifically said that Chris SHOULDN'T be blamed and so, of course, somebody runs with that as somehow throwing Howard under the bus ....

• Topic Count:  584
  • Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

Before this gets out of hand, he DID NOT blame Howard for the loss. he specifically said that Chris SHOULDN'T be blamed and so, of course, somebody runs with that as somehow throwing Howard under the bus ....

Alright.. that sounds more like the RMC I know.  Lately though just watching him, the stress seems to be getting to him, so I could see him exploding like that.  I hope not though.

• Topic Count:  433
  • Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  1

no one hates rmc

he cant coach

he cant win

he cant recruit

and he shouldnt be usf's coach next year

Are you donating for his Buyout? Woolard is waiting on those checks.

That is a cop out....if the University is serious about having a quality men's program it could certainly afford to open up the purses to make it happen.  Let's remember the facts: USF was invited to join the Big East but nobody forced us to join.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,471
  • Days Won:  13

the coach isn't out on the floor playing the game, he can only do so much.  the players have to take what he tells them to do and put it to the floor, the turnovers are due to sloppy passes and lost dribbles.  you cannot blame this loss on the coach, he didn't make that pass, it was a player.  get off of Mac and look at the whole situation and not just wins and losses, the team played its heart out tonight, the coaches coached their hearts out, hell Mac was even given a technical foul for arguing a bogus call, now you tell me he does nothing, this refs were out to make sure that Marquette did not loss today.  plain and simple this was the worst officiating i have seen in a while, its amazing we managed to stay in the game with all the bogus fouls called on us.

and how many points did that T cost us?

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403

Mac has done a very good job in his tenure and the team is getting better with each game.  How about some support instead of constant ridicule?

ok, I know the "darksiders" get a lot of crap for dumping on the team after a bad loss or something, but playing well 1 game is not a reason to say Mac has done a "great job."  That's ridiculous.

Good game today, unfortunate we didn't pull it out, but we really needed that win.  Perhaps it is a sign of things to come, but a few games does not make up for seasons of losing.