• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

FIU stadium

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  166
  • Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

Bench seats rule.  They are easier to stand up on.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Wrong!  UofL's Papa John's Cardnial Stadium has 100% individual seating with seat backs.

The expansion they are doing will feature a lot of bench seating.

Hauling the point is bench seating isn't that terrible for hundreds of thousands of fans. The main reason? They stand at their games and sit very little.

When we have our own stadium there will be comfortable chairback with their precious little cupholders but it will not make up the entire stadium, it's not worth the cost. Especially when you consider the students rarely use the seats and there are plenty of people who are willing to sit on benches to save a few bucks.

As long as you are willing to pay a few extra bucks you will be able to lean back relax and enjoy the football game from you stadium recliner...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,489
  • Days Won:  13

USF games were the first college football games that I ever had a chairback. We rarely sit anyways.

Ya bench seating really seems to keep them away at Michigan, Ohio State, Penn State, Tennessee, and Southern Cal...

All very old programs in old stadiums.

Penn State($100M), Tennessee ($100M), and Ohio State ($200M+) have all undergone rennovations since 2000 and none have replaced benches with chairbacks.

Recently Michigan announced a $230M renovation to Michigan Stadium, all privately donated, somehow their fans (who are paying for almost all of the cost) are not calling for chairbacks...

Those stadiums are not as "old" as you are making them, it's the NFL comfort mentality that has some fans believing that if it isn't a chairback with extra cushion and a cupholder its not worth their time. I understand those who have back problems need the chairbacks and their will be some available, I'm sure. I just think they're superfluous for most.

• Topic Count:  646
  • Content Count:  7,890
  • Days Won:  0

Ya bench seating really seems to keep them away at Michigan, Ohio State, Penn State, Tennessee, and Southern Cal...

There is a 99% chance that when we get a stadium most of it will be bench seating. The solution, pony up for the chairbacks. The day will come when USF football is like most big programs, no one sits for most the game.

I cant wait I am sick of being told to sit down during a game

• Topic Count:  646
  • Content Count:  7,890

Bench seats rule.  They are easier to stand up on.

It takes a lot of talent to stand on a fold down chair with a beer in each hand ;)

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  642

usf seems to have other financial issues to deal with like paying long time assistant coaches

usf plays in a great stadium

You are right, "Great Stadium" yet CRAP atmosphere.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,080

All very old programs in old stadiums.

Penn State($100M), Tennessee ($100M), and Ohio State ($200M+) have all undergone rennovations since 2000 and none have replaced benches with chairbacks.

Recently Michigan announced a $230M renovation to Michigan Stadium, all privately donated, somehow their fans (who are paying for almost all of the cost) are not calling for chairbacks...

Those stadiums are not as "old" as you are making them, it's the NFL comfort mentality that has some fans believing that if it isn't a chairback with extra cushion and a cupholder its not worth their time. I understand those who have back problems need the chairbacks and their will be some available, I'm sure. I just think they're superfluous for most.

If you've never had power windows, power door locks, or keyless entry you won't miss them.  My dads first car was a Model A Ford and he never saw the need for power windows or door locks...though he did buy air conditioned cars long before they were the norm.

Why did UofL put them in Cardinal stadium?

USF could save money by not putting any seats in the student sections and  offering seatless standing room only sections for other fans who wish to stand during the game....win, win...give people what they want and save money.

Personally I like individual seating...1. You get the space you pay for (not squeezed in by supersized beer and nacho gulping people) and 2. Comfort.  (the old bods not quite the same as it was during my college days).  

Different strokes for different folks...some people only want to sit in suites  others like individual seats, other like to stand whle others are too inebriated  know to care one way or another.  There are stadiums that have non-drinking/non-smoking sections...obviously enough people are anti-smoking/drinking to warrant such sections....maybe TSA could equip security with breathalizers instead of Tazers.