• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

FIU stadium

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,080
  • Days Won:  0

usf seems to have other financial issues to deal with like paying long time assistant coaches

usf plays in a great stadium

You are right, "Great Stadium" yet CRAP atmosphere.

What is it that makes it a CRAP atmosphere?

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

If you've never had power windows, power door locks, or keyless entry you won't miss them.  My dads first car was a Model A Ford and he never saw the need for power windows or door locks...though he did buy air conditioned cars long before they were the norm.

Please. They have become the norm because the CONSUMERS have demanded them. If the consumers of college football, many who I am sure have been to pro games or bowl games in these plush NFL Stadiums, haven't demanded them at uptight wine and cheese universities like Notre Dame, Michigan, or Penn State they probably aren't going to be the norm for the majority of consumers anytime soon...

Why did UofL put them in Cardinal stadium?

Because they couldn't get 20000 people to their games playing at the old baseball field. They had to sell the program to the fans and that included chairbacks.

USF could save money by not putting any seats in the student sections and  offering seatless standing room only sections for other fans who wish to stand during the game....win, win...give people what they want and save money.

Benches are really not that expensive, its the reason why they are popular amongst the planners...

Personally I like individual seating...1. You get the space you pay for (not squeezed in by supersized beer and nacho gulping people) and 2. Comfort.  (the old bods not quite the same as it was during my college days).  

Great, you can pony up for the chairbacks when we get our OCS. You're the consumer they are looking for.

Different strokes for different folks...some people only want to sit in suites  others like individual seats, other like to stand whle others are too inebriated  know to care one way or another.  There are stadiums that have non-drinking/non-smoking sections...obviously enough people are anti-smoking/drinking to warrant such sections....maybe TSA could equip security with breathalizers instead of Tazers.

The antidrinking sections are another product of Pro sports trying to create family friendly sections at events, to encourage increased attendance. Most college stadiums (and more than likely all, on campus or not by 2010) do not serve alcohol.

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276

Ya bench seating really seems to keep them away at Michigan, Ohio State, Penn State, Tennessee, and Southern Cal...

There is a 99% chance that when we get a stadium most of it will be bench seating. The solution, pony up for the chairbacks. The day will come when USF football is like most big programs, no one sits for most the game.

POTD!!

Yeah...at Michigan and Notre Dame...the bleachers don't even have BACKS to them!!

How do they DO IT?

PS. Someone please tell Georgia, Auburn, Bama, LSU, Tennessee, etc...(all of which have

85%-95%  bleacher seating in their stadium) that they are STUPID if they don't have a stadium with ONLY individual chairback seats.

As the poster above states...NFL is all about AMENITIES...as many fans there could careless about the game...just there to enjoy the club seats, atmosphere, use the free tix they got from a sales rep, etc...whereas COLLEGE Football has all the PASSION in the world...that fans could careless WHERE or WHAT kind of seat they are in....as long as they are IN the Stadium to yell and SCREAM!!

If you've never had power windows, power door locks, or keyless entry you won't miss them.  My dads first car was a Model A Ford and he never saw the need for power windows or door locks...though he did buy air conditioned cars long before they were the norm.

Please. They have become the norm because the CONSUMERS have demanded them. If the consumers of college football, many who I am sure have been to pro games or bowl games in these plush NFL Stadiums, haven't demanded them at uptight wine and cheese universities like Notre Dame, Michigan, or Penn State they probably aren't going to be the norm for the majority of c onsumers anytime soon...

Aren't the "gold seats" at ND stadium individual seats....would RJS type seats even fit into a stadium constructed for benches?

Why did UofL put them in Cardinal stadium?

Because they couldn't get 20000 people to their games playing at the old baseball field. They had to sell the program to the fans and that included chairbacks.

Well then, wouldn't you say it worked?   Why did they put chairback in one hundred percent of the stadium... was it necessary to put individual seats rather than benches in the student and visitor sections?  Don't students stand and do visiting fans come to the stadium because of the type of seatting?

Doesn't that same "need to sell" apply to the USF program as well?

USF could save money by not putting any seats in the student sections and  offering seatless standing room only sections for other fans who wish to stand during the game....win, win...give people what they want and save money.

Benches are really not that expensive, its the reason why they are popular amongst the planners...

Again...why did the UL planners not put benches in the student and visitors sections?  

Have you ever been to a game at Papa Johns?  Are you aware that not all the seats are the same...some are similar to those at the RJ (fold up bottom) others do not (lower initial cost)

Personally I like individual seating...1. You get the space you pay for (not squeezed in by supersized beer and nacho gulping people) and 2. Comfort.  (the old bods not quite the same as it was during my college days).  

Great, you can pony up for the chairbacks when we get our OCS. You're the consumer they are looking for.

It's not a matter of ponying up...like Cardnal Stadium doesn't USF need to sell more tickets.

Different strokes for different folks...some people only want to sit in suites  others like individual seats, other like to stand whle others are too inebriated  know to care one way or another.  There are stadiums that have non-drinking/non-smoking sections...obviously enough people are anti-smoking/drinking to warrant such sections....maybe TSA could equip security with breathalizers instead of Tazers.

The antidrinking sections are another product of Pro sports trying to create family friendly sections at events, to encourage increased attendance. Most college stadiums (and more than likely all, on campus or not by 2010) do not serve alcohol.

Papa John's is a on campus college stadium...they serve alcohol and they have booze free sections.  

PapaJohnStad-02-600.gif

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,828
  • Days Won:  22

LOL You are going to compare fans of USF or UCF to those of ND and Tennessee that grew up seating in bleachers and would sit on the floor to see their team play? Hilarious

Ya bench seating really seems to keep them away at Michigan, Ohio State, Penn State, Tennessee, and Southern Cal...

There is a 99% chance that when we get a stadium most of it will be bench seating. The solution, pony up for the chairbacks. The day will come when USF football is like most big programs, no one sits for most the game.

POTD!!

Yeah...at Michigan and Notre Dame...the bleachers don't even have BACKS to them!!

How do they DO IT?

PS. Someone please tell Georgia, Auburn, Bama, LSU, Tennessee, etc...(all of which have

85%-95%  bleacher seating in their stadium) that they are STUPID if they don't have a stadium with ONLY individual chairback seats.

As the poster above states...NFL is all about AMENITIES...as many fans there could careless about the game...just there to enjoy the club seats, atmosphere, use the free tix they got from a sales rep, etc...whereas COLLEGE Football has all the PASSION in the world...that fans could careless WHERE or WHAT kind of seat they are in....as long as they are IN the Stadium to yell and SCREAM!!

Of course it goes without saying that UCF couldn't afford to put individual seats in their new OCS....but then their two dozen fans are used to butt cups.

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276

FYI...on the site where Papa Johns Stadium sits today...use to be a factory Rail Yard Site was the shut-down.

The University purchased that closed factory, tore it down...and built Papa Johns Stadium on this "new" University ground.

Maybe USF might end up doing the same with some "closed down" (almost closed it seems) Mall in the near future?

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,828
  • Days Won:  22

and I gotta say while I understand UCF fans  excited of getting an oncampus stadium, that pic you posted is nothing to brag about it looks like a high school stadium erector set.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Aren't the "gold seats" at ND stadium individual seats....would RJS type seats even fit into a stadium constructed for benches?

There are about 5000 metal backed "gold seats" at ND stadium, every stadium has a limited number of "chairbacks" in which boosters can pay extra for. I haven't denied there isn't some interest, but for the most part it's very limited.

As for fitting them in, yes, studies had been done at ND and Ohio State, however, there was no interest from the boosters to demand that type of seating.

Well then, wouldn't you say it worked?   Why did they put chairback in one hundred percent of the stadium... was it necessary to put individual seats rather than benches in the student and visitor sections?  Don't students stand and do visiting fans come to the stadium because of the type of seatting?

No because they weren't regularly selling out games until they were ranked year in and out (2003 was their first year averaging over 40,000). They did it as a selling point because the program was in the pits, they had very little support at the time.

Doesn't that same "need to sell" apply to the USF program as well?

We have chairbacks and I don't see people flocking to buy tickets because the "seats are comfortable"

Again...why did the UL planners not put benches in the student and visitors sections?

Once again, selling point of the stadium. Further your pointing to ONE stadium that has been built in the last 10 years. 

Stanford's new stadium was built with mostly benches (hello wine and cheese), Minnesota's new stadium will feature limited Chairbacks, UConn, UCF, SMU, Houston...

Have you ever been to a game at Papa Johns?  Are you aware that not all the seats are the same...some are similar to those at the RJ (fold up bottom) others do not (lower initial cost)

No I have not, but I was aware that they did not use NFL quality chairbacks throughout the stadium.

It's not a matter of ponying up...like Cardnal Stadium doesn't USF need to sell more tickets.

Show me where the current chairbacks have greatly increased USF attendance.

Papa John's is a college stadium...they serve alcohol and they have an booze free section

I know they do, I didn't say all college stadiums don't serve booze. This was the result of not being able to sell out every game over the years, much like the pros. Even with the great team they didn't sell out the UConn game at UL this year...

The NCAA however, is in the midst of creating rules to prevent the sale of alcohol at all NCAA sanctioned events, on or off campus.