• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

FIU stadium

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,080
  • Days Won:  0

thats gonna be an awesome stadium for UCF when it's done. it's gonna be hard to expand though, unless they go straight up!

new stadiums facinate me. so much so that i forget how to spell.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/fascinate

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest r_to_the_izzo

Why not comprimise on the blearchers/chairbacks? Why not put plain bleachers in the student sections, bleachers with backs in the low-donors/regular tickets, and seats with backs for the high paying donors, maybe from 30-30? Thats generally the type that sits in those sections anyways.

Papa Johns Stadium was definitly nice, and I would have no problem if we made a repilca of that when USF finalyl gets around to building it.

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293

i think USF is waiting until University Mall goes the same way the Tampa Mall went.

University Mall will get shut down due to crime in the next 4-6 years.  JC Pennys left and Macy's is looking to opt out of their lease.  when the department stores leave all the other "mall" stores start running like roaches with the light on.  USF will  be able to buy the university mall at half price in about 4 years.  they know that.  

• Topic Count:  98
  • Content Count:  1,532

i think USF is waiting until University Mall goes the same way the Tampa Mall went.

University Mall will get shut down due to crime in the next 4-6 years.  JC Pennys left and Macy's is looking to opt out of their lease.  when the department stores leave all the other "mall" stores start running like roaches with the light on.  USF will  be able to buy the university mall at half price in about 4 years.  they know that.  

They know that the mall will go bye-bye some day, but the real problem lies in two places: 1) the mall owners insistance that whoever buys the mall has to buy ANOTHER mall elsewhere along with it, and 2) the mall has scadered out-parcles that are independatly owned.  Plus, you have a major gap between the USF property and the mall property (Staples/Sweetbay shop areas).

Is it possible?  Yes.  But no one in the USF administration is counting on it.  Promise.

• Topic Count:  166
  • Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

^and then we're as good as gold!

I been told (by a very well informed source) that the mall is one of about 3 or so property aquisitions under consideration for the university.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,503
  • Days Won:  13

I been told (by a very well informed source) that the mall is one of about 3 or so property aquisitions under consideration for the university.

your source is full of ****

your source is full of ****

Well, unlike you he wasn't talking out of his ass, unless of course you are directly involved in such matters.

• Topic Count:  98
  • Content Count:  1,532

Well, is it in the back of people's minds?  Yes.

Is it being "looked" at?  No.

Administrators, all of them and espcially student affairs, want an OCS.  They just don't have the funding right now.  None the less, they will rush into an OCS at the first chance...

Maybe we need to stop phyco-analyzing the issue.  We ALL, admin/athleitc/students/alums, WANT an OCS (minus a minorty, yes you really are a minority, that really want Ray Jay no matter what).  

Someone posted something about Athletics extending the lease for 5 more years.  DUH!  At least 5 more years, and like I have said a billion times... more like 10 years.