• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

FIU stadium

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  166
  • Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

It still sucks that USF will be the only D-1 football school in Florida without an OCS, or even a stadium to call our own.  :'(

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,080
  • Days Won:  0

I don't think UCF is going to become a world power because of their new stadium, nor do I think it will change the face of football in Florida.

I don't think it's this crappy stadium that some make it out to be, it's structure was designed after the Doak, Neyland, and the Pizza Box (Erector set with brick facade surrounding it). I think that is the type of stadium we will build one day merely because it is more cost efficient, both short and long term.

Minnesota who is building a more "traditional" concrete stadium is spending almost 300M for 50,000 seats...

Back on subject though, lets not turn this into a UCF debate, if you want that carry over to the Dumbgeon.

I've been to the Pizza Box on more than one occasion and I don't recall seeing any iron girders, just concrete.  The only brick facade I remember seeng is on the side with the corporate suites; the rest of the horseshoe is open sided all the way around the perimeter.

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276

It still sucks that USF will be the only D-1 football school in Florida without an OCS, or even a stadium to call our own.  :'(

Well...not to defend Miami, but they only have a stadium to call their own because their stadium SUCKS...and the Dolphins bolted.

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  1,981

I can't knock on UCF for what they are building, it sure does look crappy now but from what I've read it is going to be a real nice place. Bleachers are just one part of the story, they are building a whole entertainment venue around it with restaurants, and shops. I think most of us would be just as excited if something like that was going up in our campus.

• Topic Count:  166
  • Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

^true...I didn't think of it that way.

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276

I can't knock on UCF for what they are building, it sure does look crappy now but from what I've read it is going to be a real nice place. Bleachers are just one part of the story, they are building a whole entertainment venue around it with restaurants, and shops. I think most of us would be just as excited if something like that was going up in our campus.

Well said.

Considering how NOTHING was over there just 18 months ago in that area...will now have:

1) 45,000 Seat Football Stadium

2) 10,000 Seat Convocation Center

3) 2,000 Athletic Village Apartment Dorms

4) Popular Shops and Restaurants

Good thing is EVERYTHING will be able to enjoy the new Arena (tons of concerts/shows will be coming to the area), shops and restaurants, and the stadium as well.

UCF is FINALLY out of the Citrus Bowl!! (You too would celebrate if you were able to get out of THAT stadium/location!)

PS. Maybe one day USF will be a entertainment complex by the Sun Dome in the near future...just like UCF is doing.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

I think most of us would be just as excited if something like that was going up in our campus.

I think we would be excited but not "just as excited" as they are because we don't play in a hell hole like the CB, plus we have a ton more on-the-field stuff to be excited about so that we don't need to be as focused on stuff like that...

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293

personally,

yea i would be great to have what UCF was building.

but id much rather walk out of rayjay as the winning team then walk out of an OCS as a loser.  

my point is...i really dont care if we have an OCS right now or not as long as we are still putting a good team out on the field.  the OCS will come eventually, we are just trying to get some casual fans in an NFL city which is pretty tough.  specially for such a young program.

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293

also, we dont have the land around campus that UCF had.

• Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827

thats gonna be an awesome stadium for UCF when it's done. it's gonna be hard to expand though, unless they go straight up!

new stadiums facinate me. so much so that i forget how to spell.