• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Potential Men's Basketball Coach

Guest JulmisteForPrez

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Grant not coming had NOTHING with us being the in C-USA. We were offering less than he was making as an assistant at UF.

Clearly he took the VCU job in the CAA, which in nothing compared to what the C-USA was back then.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

You do realize that USF's commitment Dominique Jones is HS player from Florida rated the 8th best player in the state. and last year's Dante Curry also from HS in Florida was among top150 in the nation and #35 in shooting guard. I think Curry (injured right now) Bozeman, Saaka and now Jones are FOUR pretty good HS players recruited by RMC in the past two years.

Coach McCullum has got some nice talent the last couple of seasons. Bozeman is getting better as the season progresses. Howard is doing very well. Saaka is going to need some more work, but he has talent. Curry and Jones will be nice additions as well.

If a coaching change is needed after the season, then I hope we go after someone a little more recognizable than Grant.

• Topic Count:  73
  • Content Count:  1,261
  • Days Won:  0

In my opinion the next USF coach will be Ralph Willard.

I prefer Anthony Grant or Steve Lavin.  Who knows who will be available after this season though.

FYI - I changed this post because I was incorrect in my initial statement that USF "did not" offer Grant.  I've been corrected and apparently they did offer Grant.

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276
  • Days Won:  0

BUT ANTHONY GRANT INTERVIEWED FOR THE JOB WHEN WE WERE IN C-USA.

The situation is totall different right now.  C-usa was garbage -- even with marquette, LU and memphis.

he is probably looking at VCU and thinking that he can recruit in Richmond.

USF is a good place to coach.  I don't care what anyone says.

FYI...Grant already has signed 2 Top 20 FLA HS players for next year.

Also...his entire CLASS this past Nov was just HS players (all from FLORIDA!)...not transfers, JUCO's, other schools' failed experiments, etc...the guy can RECRUIT! (He was the one that also had recruited for the past few years for UF the top players that UF were able to get as well).

http://ucf.rivals.com/viewrank.asp?ra_key=1630&Year=2007

You do realize that USF's commitment Dominique Jones is HS player from Florida rated the 8th best player in the state.

and last year's Dante Curry also from HS in Florida was among top150 in the nation and #35 in shooting guard.

I think Curry (injured right now) Bozeman, Saaka and now Jones are FOUR pretty good HS players recruited by RMC in the past two years.

I apologize if my post wasn't clear.

Of COURSE USF signed a few HS kids...as they are a BIG EAST TEAM located in TAMPA, FL!

My point was that Grant signed FOUR FLA HS kids (2 of them ranked in FLA's Top 20) for his team in RICHMOND, VA!!!

Imagine IF Grant was a Coach at a Big East Team in TAMPA, FL??

Think his FLA (and national) recruiting would IMPROVE??

Ya...and he would BLOW RMC out of the water come recruiting time...in the same situation.

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,851
  • Days Won:  22

and once again. Grant has NO interest in comming here unless the school steps up big time in support of the program and the reality is the school at this point cant do it

Guest Ari_Hinkelberger

Grant is playing with Jeff Capel's team guys....

Jeff Capel just took over the job at Oklahoma...

This guy is not the savior..

Im starting to believe in Mac over the last couple of days.  I think I will put the pipe down now and take a step back...

wow  -- did i just say that.

Guest JulmisteForPrez
Grant is playing with Jeff Capel's team guys....

Jeff Capel just took over the job at Oklahoma...

This guy is not the savior..

Im starting to believe in Mac over the last couple of days.  I think I will put the pipe down now and take a step back...

wow  -- did i just say that.

Yes, and Grant will prove to be a better recruiter than Capel.  I have seen VCU play several times now, and they do not have a tremendously talented team.  Grant just gets the most out of what they have.

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

take the green and gold glasses off.

Tell me what makes USF a good basketball place to coach.

Is it the fan support?

Is it the money the coaches get?

Is the great basketball recruiting area?

Is it the fact that you will have enough financial support to be with the league's avg?

Does it have a good basketball tradition?

Do we get plenty of TV time?

All of these are very valid questions. I'm not a darksider, but besides the Big East affiliation and our school's location, what else do we really have to offer a college coach? Our b-ball fanbase is attrocious and we will seriously have to throw some cash at someone of the calibur of a Lavin, Snyder, Richardson, Theus, or even Grant. I have a feeling Woolard will come through some way some how.

Guest Ari_Hinkelberger

Cubanbull

USF is a great place to coach because

1.) you are in the Big East.

2.) you are in the Big East

3.) you are in the Big East

4.) you are in the Big East.

You got calhoun, boehiem, petino..

Do you think Pitt was a great place to coach at before Jamie Carrol showed up.. I don't even think they had a basketball stadium....

Anybody with half a sense can see that USF would be a great oppurtunity to coach.

Its 75 degrees here in December.  You have no income taxes.  The cost of living is low.  ANd its freakin FLORIDA bro...  

This aint Rutgers.