• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

CJL- Only one still here from 1997

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  622
  • Days Won:  0

From Bretts Blog:-

Frey was the last remaining original assistant that was with Leavitt from the program’s inception in 1997.

“Now they’ve all left,†Leavitt said. “Some have done well, some haven’t. Coaches come and go and we seem to survive here.â€Â

I read this comment and I felt extremely proud to call CJL our Head Coach. His loyalty is a big part of what makes him so special.

I am sure that today Coach Leavitt has an unexplainable feeling inside him. None of the orignal assistants remain anymore but I dont blame them, for pursuing better opportunities.

This marks a important point in our short history.

With that said. I have full confidence in Coach to get everything figured out and heres to many successful years with CJL at the helm.

Go Bulls

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

Welcome to the world of corporate responses... I would've expected a more sincere sendoff for Frey's loyalty. His response is a valuable lesson learned and should be noted for those who work ungodly hours by slavedrivers!

• Topic Count:  2,696
  • Content Count:  6,928

my favotite line from the St Pete Times:

"I hope recruits see this is something happening all over college football," Leavitt said. "The one thing they can count is Jim Leavitt's not leaving South Florida. I know you hear that from a lot of coaches, but I mean it when I say that."

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,848
  • Days Won:  22

maybe we should look at UF,FSU and Miami coaches in 1997 and see what they still had 10 years later.

Is the prize of success when you win people notice and there will be more opportunities for all your coaches. Some will take them others wont is part of real life.

• Topic Count:  205
  • Content Count:  2,187
  • Days Won:  2

my favotite line from the St Pete Times:

"I hope recruits see this is something happening all over college football," Leavitt said. "The one thing they can count is Jim Leavitt's not leaving South Florida. I know you hear that from a lot of coaches, but I mean it when I say that."

I love that part. I truly do believe it.

• Topic Count:  127
  • Content Count:  2,118

Leavitt is very committed to this program. I believe he'll be around for  a long time to come.

Guest Ari_Hinkelberger

I can't see this guy ever leaving.  Maybe after multiple national titles -- but he wants to bring USF to the big time

• Topic Count:  515
  • Content Count:  7,379
  • Days Won:  3

Hey were all still here. We havent gone anywhere since 1997. Were still screaming in the coaches ear to go for 2 Nov 17, 1997 against Georgia Southern. Leavitt listened, he fed off our want of football and excitement. That play may have fallen short but the hunger for USF football grew in all of us. I dont think I have ever seen my team lose a game but still feel more pride then I did that night.  

Just remember, Leavitt isnt the only original Bull that was around in 1997. You and I were also part of what made this team great.

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Hey were all still here. We havent gone anywhere since 1997. Were still screaming in the coaches ear to go for 2 Nov 17, 1997 against Georgia Southern. Leavitt listened, he fed off our want of football and excitement. That play may have fallen short but the hunger for USF football grew in all of us. I dont think I have ever seen my team lose a game but still feel more pride then I did that night.  

Just remember, Leavitt isnt the only original Bull that was around in 1997. You and I were also part of what made this team great.

Very well said Leavittation.  Don't know if the coach reads this board or not, but he needs to know that those of us who post here, who support the team, go to the game and believe in the football program appreciate his character and commitment to USF.