• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

CJL- Only one still here from 1997

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  166
  • Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

my favotite line from the St Pete Times:

"I hope recruits see this is something happening all over college football," Leavitt said. "The one thing they can count is Jim Leavitt's not leaving South Florida. I know you hear that from a lot of coaches, but I mean it when I say that."

I love that part. I truly do believe it.

YES!

• Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  292
  • Days Won:  0

Welcome to the world of corporate responses... I would've expected a more sincere sendoff for Frey's loyalty. His response is a valuable lesson learned and should be noted for those who work ungodly hours by slavedrivers!

Sheriff...I have to agree that CJL could always give praise to past coaches who put so much into the program.  You say that his response was a "corporate like response", well I say yes it was and he is like the CEO of the program.  As I'm sure you know, the corporate world is one where hard work pass off, and if CJL has to work his assistants that hard to achieve success than so be it.  I don't think you will find one extremely successful or wealthy person out there who doesn't put in the hourse to get it done.  I myself am one who values family/quality time more so than the $$ that goes in my pocket.  There's just those out there that choose success over what others value more.  

Despite the fact that CJL is hard to get along with and seems to run his assistants ragid doesn't minimize the fact that they all have gained valuable experiences while at USF and will only make them better at their next positions.  

I guess a question to be asked is why does Burnham stick around if CJL is hard to work with?  Is it possible that he comes from the same school of hard work that CJL does?  Maybe some of these younger coaches have a different mentality.  I for one sure see that in my profession where the kids coming out of school just don't have the same work ethic.

• Topic Count:  238
  • Content Count:  4,139

LIVE IT.

LOVE IT.

LEAVITT.

• Topic Count:  166
  • Content Count:  9,038

LIVE IT.